Sunday, May 17, 2009

You are Like a Flower

Today my good stamping buddy and fellow Doubledog Dare challenge team member Joan Ervin was the Featured Stamper on Split Coast and I chose her silhouette wishes card to case.

I used a different designer paper, a different stamp set and tied a knot in my ribbon instead of a bow - but I used her layout and color scheme. I like how she cut off the bottom on the sentiment circle.

My flower silhouette and sentiment stamps are from a newly released flower set by H&M Stamps called Seeds of Kindness.

Well - I've doodled around long enough today - I think I have to finally get out in the yard and do some more mulching!

Thanks so much for dropping by!

Stamps: Seeds of Kindness: H&M Stamps
Paper: Basic Black: SU, White, Hibiscus Burst: PTI, DP basic grey: Urban Prairie/Bonnet
Ink: memento tuxedo black
Accessories: glue dots, oval nestabilities, cuttlebug, foam dimensionials, sheer black ribbon: Michaels, twinkles: Taylored expressions, glue pen, silver spica pen, butterfly punch: martha steward

17 comments:

Sharli Schaitberger said...

Ooooo, pretty!! I like that the circle is cut off, too! The sentiment is very nice - is that in the stamp set, or did you create it on the computer?? Maybe I could do it on the computer?

Sharli Schaitberger said...

I re-read the post - you already answered my question (silly me!). I'm blaming my poor reading skills on my headache today.

Tosha Leyendekker said...

Beautiful colors Julia! LOVE the way you put your sentiment at the bottom!!

Charlene Merrick (LilLuvsStampin) said...

Beautiful, Julia! I'm not seeing any cards in the FS gallery, so I'm trying to check out blogs instead. What a bummer for Joan that SCS has to have troubles on her special day.

Susan said...

what a beautiful card for Joan...just like her personality! The black butterflies add so much and I love the bg paper. Happy weeding...my DH spent yesterday in the back yard while I was VSNing!

Have a wonderful week

~amy~ said...

Julia, this is super gorgeous...it must be butterfly day on the blog :)

Amber said...

very beautiful card as always I love the butterflys on it ! Have a Blessed Week

Ann Kranitz said...

Really beautiful card today.

Kathy Jones said...

Gorgeous!!! Some of my favourite paper and I love the butterflies!!! The black really makes this stunning!!

Lauren said...

Super sweet. Great layout.

Velta said...

Lovely Julia ~ The DP is gorgeous and I love the black with it :)

Renee said...

Very pretty Julia!

Pat (mspfd) said...

This is gorgeous! Awesome job.

Joan Ervin said...

You did a fabulous job on the case, Julia...I love the changes you made and thanks for all the kind words!!!

dpkennedy said...

Love the bg paper and the layout is great! Very pretty card!

Dawn Easton said...

BEAUTIFUL Julia~ love the little gems you added!

Deb Neerman said...

WOW, Julia ... this is incredible!!! Every little detail is perfect and I love how you cut off the bottom of the sentiment panel ... just a wonderful card! And that stamp set is pretty kewl, too!!