Friday, May 8, 2009

I'm the Friday Friend!

I'm so excited to share this card with you today. On Monday Jami from Taylored Expressions contacted me by e-mail - she had seen this card in my SCS gallery and liked it. She asked me if I'd be interested in being the 'Our Friday Friend' on the Taylor's Stamp a Sweet Impression Blog this week.

Well - didn't have to think long about that question!!! I said YES, YES, YES!! (Of course then I was in a panic because she asked me to make ANOTHER card for it!!! LOL!!!)

So please go over and check me out there! Toot, toot, toot (that's me tooting my own horn {grin}) The DT members have some fun projects posted over there too so scroll around.

I used two Taylored Expressions stamp sets on this card - the cuppie in the field of flowers is from "A Year of Sweets 2" and the sentiment is from the set "A Year of Sweet Sentiments". The pretty flowers are from Taylor also (and they are on sale right now!).

The sketch I used for this card is this weeks CPS114.

AND - to top it off - did you notice my new watermark??? I just bought it (and 2 others!) from Karen Giron - one of Taylored Expressions great DT members - she charges just $2.00 per watermark and has several pretty designs to choose from so be sure to check that out too!

Thanks so much for stopping by today! My niece's wedding is tomorrow afternoon - hopefully I'll have a few pics to share from that soon!

Stamps: A Year of Sweets 2, A Year of Sweet Sentiments: Taylored Expressions
Paper: Vintage cream, berry sorbet: PTI, Buckaroo Blue: SU, DP Cosmo Cricket: Girl Friday/Sunday
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Accessories: Zutter round it all, Scor Pal, adhesive gem: K&Company, circle nestabilities, word window punch: SU, white gel pen, vintage buttons: PTI, flowers: Taylored Expressions, Copics: B00, BG13, BG11, RV13, RV11, R20, R29, YGo3, YG63, Y13, foam dimensionals, yellow brad, glue dots.

15 comments:

~amy~ said...

woot woot Julia!!! How fantastic and what a super adorable card!!!! have fun at the wedding AND thanks for passing along your watermark info! Happy Friday and Mother's Day weekend!!

Lea L. said...

This card is just gorgeous! I really love the stamped image...you did an amazing job with it! And that scalloped circle just completes this card for me! Great job with CPS 114!

~Lea

magic boxes said...

Hi Julie

Congratulations and well deserved.

I love your work and this card is fabulous. I love the colours, buttons, details - just everything!

Elaine x

Charlene Merrick (LilLuvsStampin) said...

Woot! Woot! Toot! Toot! Congratulations, Julia! How very exciting and well deserved, my friend! I love your adorable card. Thanks, too, for passing on the watermark info.

Unknown said...

Congrats!I can see why you were picked this is really cute.

Crystal said...

WOW that is soooo exciting...congrats girl and this card is darling!!!

Kerri said...

Congratulations, Julia! Your card is just awesome! I love the fun, bright colors, and the flower and button details! You go girl : )

Tosha Leyendekker said...

Congrats Julia!! And now wonder you were asked...your cards are fabulous. This one is just darling!! LOVE all the buttons!!

Theresa Momber said...

Congrats, Julia! It is very well deserved. Love your card!

Sharli Schaitberger said...

Julia,
Congratulations!!! How fun!
I love both of your cards! I remember the open window on the first one . . . this one is wonderful as well. Thank you for being so INSPIRATIONAL!

dpkennedy said...

I love the row of buttons on this cute card! Have a very happy mothers day!!

LeAnne said...

Congrats! I did notice your new watermark, too! I saw Karen had them for sale--very cute, I love it!
Great colors and cute card!

Carolina said...

Woo hoo - conracts! Beautiful card and love your watermark...just darlin'!

Monika/Buzsy said...

Another great card with a cuppie image. :o) Great colors... love the buttons. TFS!

Linda Beeson said...

Cute card, adorable images and what a great use of that CPS sketch.