Sunday, May 10, 2009

A Town, A Hero and Some Wedding Pictures!

The Inspiration Challenge this week on Split Coast was a web site of pillows - Boujour Mon Coussin. I chose this town scene pillow for inspiration. And here is the card I created.

My Doodle Factory Rooftops stamp from Starving Artists was perfect for this scene. I embossed it in white on eggplant then cut around the edges and popped it up on the celery cuttled panel. I used the Mesh Cuttlebug folder to give the idea of the weave of the pillow fabric and I sponged it with So Saffon to soften it a little. I mounted the sentiment behind the buildings to look like it was a Billboard.
Stamps: Doodle Factory Neighborhood: Starving Artists, Sentiment: Doodle Bug Starving Artists Paper: Certainly Celery, Elegant Eggplant: SU, Pure Poppy: PTI
Ink: Versamark watermark stamp (for embossing), Pure Poppy: PTI, So Saffron: SU
Accessories: White EP, hot gun, foam dimensionals, Star & Heart Punches: McGill, mesh folder: Cuttlebug, rectangle nestability, sponge
My second card today was made for the Featured Stamper challenge on Split Coast. I was so excited because the FS was Debbie (DbDoodle) who I know from being on the H&M Design Team with. I chose her My Hero card to case today. My son, Josh, was in the Army and so I made this to give him on Memorial Day - because I am so proud that he chose to go into the military and do his part to protect our country and our freedoms.I changed the colors and altered the design a bit but used the same stamp sets: Hoo-Rah and Hoo- Rah Sentiments from H & M Stamps . I'll be using this set alot for my Memorial Day and 4th of July cards!

And finally - here are a few pictures from my niece's wedding yesterday. We had wonderful weather, the bride was beautiful! the groom was handsome! and the reception held at the Tewksbury Country club was lovely - we couldn't have asked for anything more!
Here are Katie and Greg lighting their unity candle that Katie and I made - stamping their names and wedding date on tissue paper, wrapping the tissue around the candle with wax paper over it and heating it with a hot gun. Then we added ribbon. It came out beautifully. You can see a tutorial on Split Coast for this procedure here.

And here is the bride with her best friends/bridesmaids and sister Christie (to the right of Katie). Aren't their dresses and flowers lovely!?

This is my sister, Marcia, mother of the bride - and me - proud aunt of the bride!


Thanks so much for stopping by - I appreciate your comments!
Stamps: Hoo-Rah, Hoo-Rah Sentiments: H&M Stamps, Stitched Ribbon stamp: Hero Arts
Paper: Kraft, Wild Wasabi: SU, Vintage Cream: PTI, DP My minds eye - 29th Market St - Spirit shining star
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Adirondack Butterscotch, New Leaf: PTI, So Saffron: SU
Accessories: sponge, brads, star brad, oval nestabilities, foam dimensionals, edge distresser: Heidi Swapp, copics, Cuttlebug folder: Distressed stripes, ribbon: New Leaf Saddle stitched: PTI

13 comments:

Susan said...

oh, I enjoyed seeing the pictures, what a beautiful bride, loved the colors she chose...what's that gorgeous PTI color raspberry something. You, my sweet friend are lovely as well!

And the Hero card for Josh is neat...I have that star paper and love it....Happy Mother's Day to you, Julia!!!
Thanks so much for sharing...even across the miles we can be a part of your happiness!

Hugs

Bunny B said...

I loved the pictures too! :) Congrats to the newlyweds!

Happy Mother's Day, Julia!
That pillow print and card is lovely!

Dawn Easton said...

Happy Mother's Day Julia!!

Your cards are both wonderful! How cool is that skyline stamp! Perfect for your challenge!!

Wonderful CASE of Debbie too!

LOVE the pictures you shared of the wedding. Everyone looked beautiful!!

~amy~ said...

Julia...such fabulous cards...love all your details!

Thanks sooo much for sharing the weddin photos...looks like a lovely & happy day for all!

Unknown said...

Love the cards Julia - so many fabulous details! And thank you for the sneak peek at the wedding - I love to see weddings - God Bless them both!!

Joanne Travis said...

What a beautiful bride and wedding party. You look fabulous too!
I love your patriotic cards. The stamps are wonderful and I love what you've done with them. Beautiful work, as always, Julia!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous wedding pics Julia!! Love the beautiful dress!! Your creations are so wonderful!! Fun patriotic designs!! :)

Unknown said...

What lovely pictures! Your cards are wonderful as always , but I really love your take on the pillow even including the weave. fantastic

Monika/Buzsy said...

Great cards Julia. Especially love the inspiration card... great images and colors. TFS!

Unknown said...

Both cards are so beautiful, Julia!
Very creative patriotic cards!!

Thank you for sharing about your beautiful photos and family :)

dpkennedy said...

Your cards are wonderful! The roof top is just awesome as is the billboard! The card for your son is great-he will love it! That is so wonderful that you are going to give it to him on Memorial Day. Makes me proud of my country that so many put their lives on the line everyday to protect it!

Of course the wedding pictures are great too! I love the pink dresses and flowers-just gorgeous! So glad you enjoyed the wedding and had a very happy Mother's Day!

Joan Ervin said...

Your inspiration card turned out beautifully, Julia, and I just love the card you madw for Josh!! The wedding pictures are absolutely gorgeous...what a beautiful bride and the picture of you and your sister is wonderful....lots of pretty girls in your family!!!

Anne Harada said...

Such a tasteful wedding!! And so incredibly thoughtful and loving of you to give your son a card for Memorial day. We are all grateful for his service. Thanks to you for raising such an honorable citizen!