Saturday, May 16, 2009

An Inspired Thanks

This beautifully colored home office from Country Living was our inspiration challenge on SCS this week. Here is the card I created from it.

I was inspired by the bumpy pillow on the chair, the flowers on the wall and the colors of raspberry, chocolate and avocado throughout. (Sorry - My picture came out a little brighter than IRL and the brown ribbon looks really dark - but you get the idea!)

I used Taylor's Friday Sketch for my card.

The flower and sentiment are from a Papertrey Ink set called Every Day Classics that you cannot buy (sorry!) - I earned it by ordering at least 12 sets from them last year. (Yikes !) I stamped the flower 3 times and cut out pieces and layered them using foam dimensionals. The wonderful leaf is from the Papertrey set Friends Til the End. I curled each leaf and attached it to the card at the ends to give some dimension to them.

I got some gardening done today at my son's condo - April invited me to help her pick out flowers that would be good for a little spot they have outside their kitchen window. We weeded, edged, planted and mulched! Now I need to tackle the rest of my own gardens - well, maybe tomorrow!

Stamps: Flower & Sentiment: Every Day Classics, Leaf: Friends Till the End: PTI
Paper: Vintage cream, raspberry fizz, ripe avodaco, dark chocolate: PTI
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Ripe Avocado, Raspberry Fizz: PTI
Accessories: spellbinders tags five & Labels One, cuttlebug folders: Textile, Mini Mosaic, sponge, foam dimensionals, adhesive gems: K& Co, EK success edge punch, dark chocolate satin ribbon: PTI

15 comments:

Unknown said...

This is just scrumptious Julia!!

Sharli Schaitberger said...

I agree with Claire - it looks good enough to eat! What is it? Maybe that it reminds me of dark, rich chocolate?

Gorgeous card!!!!!

Ann Kranitz said...

I am in love with this card. You really rocked the IC.

Lisa Foster said...

Wow Julia! This is absolutely stunning! So creative how you used the bumpy pillow for your inspiration...too cool! I Love it!
Hugs,
Lisa

~amy~ said...

gorgeous Julia!! wow!!

Susan said...

so very beautiful, Julia! You captured the essence of that yummy room, love all the texture.

Patti J. said...

Julia - this is fabulous! You really captured that room. Love your colors, your texture, and your layout - great job!

Unknown said...

Ohh gorgeous colors! you did fantastic with this!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous card Julia!! Beautiful inspiration!! :)

neverenoughrubberstamps said...

Fantastic Card! I love those colors together and wow, great inspiration!

Cheers,

Dorothy

Tosha Leyendekker said...

What a unique color combo!! LOVE it!! Love all the textures too! Gorgeous card!

LeAnne said...

Gorgeous!

Monika/Buzsy said...

Fantastic card Julia! Love the rich colors and all the dry embossing! PRetty flower image! TFS!

dpkennedy said...

This is a really beautiful card! Love the dimension of the flower and leaves! I am so glad that my home office inspired you! Yeah, I wish!

Anonymous said...

This card is gorgeous. I love the embossed area behind the sentiment. I don't think I've seen that before! Very beautiful. Congratulations!