Sunday, May 31, 2009

A New Look for Uncle Sam!

I can't believe that Roxie hadn't yet been the featured stamper on Split Coast! She is the hostess with the mostest for our weekly sketch challenges and her cards are always top notch!

Today I cased this ice cream card of Roxie's changing the stamps and colors and using a different embossing Spellbinder but I kept the layout the same.

I wanted to try my new gingerbread stamp from Waltzingmouse Stamps for a season other than Christmas. I came up with this gingerbread Uncle Sam! Don't you love his little vest and top hat? You really need to check out all the stamps in this fun set as well as Claire's other set "Oven Fresh". The sentiment if from the set Let Freedom Ring by Paptertrey Ink.

I used the star that was left over from the punched corners to adorn his hat. The bottom was cut and embossed using my new Pierceabilities from Spellbinders.
Thanks so much for dropping by - got to go wash some windows and so a little yard work - it's a beautiful 75 degree day here in New England!

Stamps: gingerbread man: - Half Baked: Waltzingmouse Stamps, Sentiment- Let Freedom Ring: PTI
Paper: white, pure poppy: PTI
Ink: memento Tuxedo Black, Butterscotch & Denim: Adirondack, Pure Poppy: PTI
Accessories: glue dot, foam dimensionials, celestial corner punch: Fiskars, Pierceabilities: Spellbinders

12 comments:

Life Full of Sunflowers said...

oh Julia - he is too adorable. I love the gingerbread man and how you used him in a different setting than Christmas. AWESOME !!!

Sharli Schaitberger said...

Perfect!!! It works - it's adorable as a little patriot. I've been drooling over those stamps, too. Now that you've shown the world how to think outside the box with them, I'd better get my order placed before they're all sold out!

Nice work -

Lauri said...

This is SO cute!!!!!

LeAnne said...

Very cute, clever & creative! I saw she had her own stamp line now, and how sweet they are! I LOVE this corner punch---never seen this one before. Adorable.

Tenia Nelson said...

How darling!!

Anonymous said...

TEE!! How clever!! This is just too cute!! ;)

Ann Kranitz said...

OMG Julia....this is so perfect!! What a cutie. I was in your neck of the woods this weekend. Up in Pelham MA. It was beautiful!!

Unknown said...

Julia - this is pure Magic!!! absolutely love this and many, many thanks for the shout out!

Unknown said...

LOL loving the use oig gingerbread man for uncle sam. He got to come out and play during the summer months. How cool is that?

dpkennedy said...

Oh my goodness this is just the cutest! Adorable card!

Elizabeth said...

Julia,
The ginger bread man is sooo cute. I like how you dressed him up!
Elizabeth

Jodi Collins said...

This is ADORABLE Julia!!! What a SUPER cute idea and great result! LOVE him!!!