Sunday, May 3, 2009

Thinking of You with Sparkle

Today's featured stamper on Split Coast was Sparkle (sparkplug17) and what a great gallery to get inspired by. She had a whole album of Tilda cards - and since I have several Tilda's that I love but have yet to use (!) I chose her pink Tilda Birthday to case today.

I used a different Tilda than Sparkle did, a thinking of you sentiment from PTI rather than Happy Birthday, and different designer paper - but it is basically the same layout. I distressed the edges of the sewn panel. Tilda, the flower and the sentiment are all up on foam dimensionals.

Well - I'm off to make some pecan banana bread using up some banana's that didn't get eaten this past week in my lunches!

Thanks for coming by today!

Stamps: Tilda: Magnolia, Thinking of You: Scattered Showers: PTI
Paper: Blush Blossom: SU, Ripe avocado: PTI, DP Cosmo Cricket - Girl Friday/Thursday
Ink: Pink Pirouette: SU, Memento Tuxedo Black
Accessories: distresser: Heidi Swapp, Rhinestone brad: SU, sponge, sewing machine, Ripe avocado Twill: PTI, EK Sucess Curvy punch, foam dimensionals, Copics YG63, YG03, E11, E51, E11, BG11, BG13, YR61, R08, R20

17 comments:

Unknown said...

OMGoodness so cute. I love the pattern paper on this! Great coloring.

~amy~ said...

Magnificent job on this!!! It screams Sparkle :)

Susan said...

I love your coloring on Tilda, Julia! And isn't it a good thing to have some fresh rubber in your stamping closet???? I love that DP and I notice you've begun listing your Copics #'s...very cool

Crystal said...

This is so adorable!!

Pat (mspfd) said...

What a sweet card. Love your Tilda.

B said...

Oh so sweet! Love that she's sitting on the ribbon! What a cute card!

Anonymous said...

This is just adorable!! What a sweet mag creation!! :) TFS!

Amanda said...

Fantastic card! I love the colors and that Tilda is so cute. Mmm I love banana bread. Never tried it with pecans before. Sounds good!

jdmommy - Anne Harmon said...

I just love your coloring of the Tilda card!! I love her sitting on the little strip and the pink panel with the distressing!! Great job on the FS challenge, Julia!!

Renee said...

Adorable! She is so cute! Great coloring and layout...love it.

Linsey R said...

Awww, Julia! This is adorable! I love the layout, the bright colors and fun patterns and your stitching around the pink panel looks superb! This little girl is so cute and I really adore her fun green sneakers (I want a pair of those) hehe! :) What a great card, just as always, sweet friend! TFS! mmmm, I can almost smell that fresh pecan banana bread from here, yummers! Have a great day! xoxo

Anne Harada said...

I got totally distracted when you mentioned the pecan banana bread. YUMM!! OK, I'm over it...not. You know I LOVE the Tilda, and it's so clever the way you have her sitting on the ribbon!! Made me smile, you are a genius!!

Kathy Jones said...

Ohhhh...this is gorgeous! Love that paper and your sweet Tilda is so perfectly coloured!!!

Joan Ervin said...

This is toooo cute, Julia...love the Tilda and all the gorgeous colors, papers, flowers, sewing....awesome work, girlfriend!!!

scrapaddict said...

This card is adorable, thanks for listing your copics - I am just starting to buy a few nd its good to see what others use.

dpkennedy said...

Oh she is so sweet! I adore Tilda! Love the fun bright colors!

Shirley said...

How sweet! and so are those DP you chose too!