Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Take Time for Tea

First - just let me say that the pink paper on this photo is MUCH brighter in this photo than IRL - the hazzards of taking pictures at night - which I always have to do since I have to make my cards after work - IRL this looks very calm and serene with just a little punch from the pink! Maybe I need to invest in a new camera - mine is several years old now. I'll have to stop buying stamps for a while so I can afford it - Yikes!

So after that disclaimer - I made this card for today's sketch challenge on Split Coast as well as the weekly Doubledog Dare Challenge I do with some SCS friends.

Charlene (LilLuvsStampin on SCS) challenged us to use paper piecing, paper piercing and the colors Kraft, Rose, Black and Sage (optional) After I got this all done and posted I suddenly thought I'm not sure if stamping the teapot on designer paper and cutting it out counts as paper piecing - it's all one piece. AACCH!!! Hopefully it will pass and the challenge police won't disqualify me !! LOL!!

I used the wonderful Tea for Two set from Papertrey for this card although the little teabag stamped on the pot (isn't it sweet!?! it has a little heart on it - I think if you click on the picture you can see it enlarged and get a better view) is from the Everyday Classics set that was given free to people who ordered a certain amount from PTI last year.

You're welcome to join in on the Doubledog challenges - just use the Keyword DDC when you load your card on Splitcoast so we can see it! You can see all the Doubledog cards here.

Stamps: Tea for Two, Everyday Classics: PTI
Paper: Kraft, Sage Shadow: SU, DP Text style 2008 Bitty Dot Basics: PTI
Ink: memento tuxedo black
Accessories: paper piercer, grid and mat: SU, foam dimensionals, heart punch: McGill, glue pen, xacto knife

11 comments:

Sharli Schaitberger said...

This card is SO pretty! I like that teapot! If it isn't paper piecing, it's still a winner with ME! (except that I don't count, huh).
I'm glad you posted!

Lisa Foster said...

This is great, Julia! Love all those delicious polka-dots!

Unknown said...

This is super Julia - and Congrats on your Honorable Mention!!!

~amy~ said...

Julia, you are rockin' the PTI stamp world...gorgeous card....wow...super woot woot on your top trio/honorable mention on nichole's blog!!!

Unknown said...

I agree why is it cameras never pick up the colors and such as we want it to? But Its great.

Pat (mspfd) said...

Julia, you rocked this sketch! Love the colors and your design is fantastic.

Tosha Leyendekker said...

Charming Julia! Love all the dots! And your colors are so fun!!

dpkennedy said...

It's so pretty! You don't need a new camera...just some software to adjust the colors(unless you WANT a new camera, then by all means, let me enable!)-but I love the way it looks anyway!

Sue from Oregon said...

I LOVE this card!

Carolina said...

Oh Julia...this is just darlin'! Love this set and what you've done with it is just perfect!!!

Unknown said...

Beautiful card Julia!! Love that teapot! :)