Friday, May 1, 2009

View from Mother's Window



The limited supplies challenge on Split Coast was to create a border with stamps - bonus points for using flowers! So I stamped some single blooms right onto the designer paper along the bottom of my card. I used Taylored Expressions Sketch and her stamp set Fresh Flowers for my card. I just love this set that also has a shutter and window box to use with the window as well as lots of flowers, vases and sentiments.

I cut open one half of the window and then colored the inside piece to look like the stamped window. I don't know if you can tell from the picture - but there is a branch with a pink bird sitting on it on the DP showing through the window. I was going for the 'looking into the back yard' idea with this!

I colored the window with copics and attached it to the card with foam dimensionals. I stamped the single flowers directly on the designer paper along the bottom for a garden effect. I added some tiny bling to them, then attached the sentiment and flowers to the window with foam dimensionals.

Thanks for stopping by today! I hope you all have a super weekend!

Stamps: Fresh Flowers: Taylored Expressions
Paper: White, Ocean Tides: PTI, DP Urban prairie Paper pad - basic grey
Ink: Memento tuxedo black
Accessories: circle punches; SU, Twinkle stickers: Amuse, exacto knife, corner rounder, foam dimensionals, flowers: Taylored expressions, copics YG63, E93, E51, BG11, BG13, RV13, black micron pen

15 comments:

Sue from Oregon said...

Wow, great card Julia...wonderful and vibrant colors! Love that window stamp!

Sharli Schaitberger said...

Ooooo Julia! I love this card! And the details - like the inside of the window - really MAKE it!!!

Very nice!

Crystal said...

Julia this is wonderful what a great job on both challenges...love your border and your design!!! so pretty!

Lisa Foster said...

Julia! This is gorgeous!!! Wow!

Patti J. said...

Awesome! I just love window cards! Gosh, there are so many things to look at - this is a wonderful card - thanks for sharing!

Anne Harada said...

I love the look of stamping on DP Julia!! This card is so pretty and happy!! Your coloring is awesome! Perfect window pane shading and dead on color matching to your DP!! How clever of you to position the little bird outside your window!! So purdy, GF!!

Donna Baker said...

Julia, I love your scene in the window - what a sweet card!! isn't this set wonderful??

Susan said...

I could just say, Ditto, Anne, Julia! what a delightful card, love the way you used that cute stamp set! Happy Weekend

Meli Palmer said...

WOW, this is a STUNNER. I love that little flower in the right hand corner....how you placed the sentiment and of course the 3D effect with that window!

~amy~ said...

Julia...this is most fabulous!!! I hope that you have a great weekend!

Joan Ervin said...

What an adorable design, Julia....I love the little window you created and the row of flowers at the bottom looks sooo cute!!!!

Lauri said...

LOVE this card!!! Love the colors...and love love love how you did the window!!!

lisa808 said...

What a cute idea--just adore the open window!!!

Anonymous said...

Such a gorgeous card Julia!! I love your fun window idea!! :)

LeAnne said...

Very pretty--love the details and the colors!