Friday, May 22, 2009

A Circle of Red, White & Blue

I made this card for the Limited Supplies challenge to make a round card and to use only one stamp set. I just received my May release Papertrey Ink order today so I cracked open the fun Star Prints Set. It includes a slew of sentiments so I had no trouble just using this one set.

This also qualifies for Sharon's no time to stamp challenge to use red, white and blue on your card. My dear mother-in-law is going to be 94 on July 6th so this will be our card for her birthday. We usually have a little cookout for her and decorate in patriotic colors so this will be perfect! and now I have it all done - early! Woo Hoo!!

Here's a picture of me, my dear MIL - Marjorie, and DH - Kent. This pic was taken at my niece's wedding 2 weeks ago. You can see - we arrived early before the crowd to get her in and seated!
Have a wonderful safe Memorial Day to all of us in the USA this weekend! And a huge 'thank you' to all the men and women who are in or are retired from the armed forces. I sincerely appreciate your dedication to protecting our country and our freedoms.

Stamps: Star Prints: PTI
Paper: Night of Navy: SU, Rustic White: PTI
Ink: Pure Poppy: PTI, Demin Dye: Adirondack
Accessories: glue pen, foam dimensionals, circle nestabilities, sprinkles: Taylored Expressions, pure poppy satin ribbon: PTI, curly label punch, SU, sponge, star punch: Fiskars

14 comments:

Tenia Nelson said...

Great card and Happy Memorial Day to you as well!!! Have a great weekend!!

Sharli Schaitberger said...

Gorgeous card! I love how you used the die cut (nestie?) to make the card and kept just a tiny part of it attached at the top. I'll have to try that trick.

The stars are beautiful - this is a very striking and sweet card!

~amy~ said...

Julia, love your shaped card...fab pic too! Have a super fun and relaxing weekend Julia!!!

LeAnne said...

Very nicely done! I love it!

Anonymous said...

Oh wow!! I just LOVE this!! Beautiful card and love the circle shape!! :)

Susan said...

how fun to have something ready in ADVANCE, Julia! cute card for MIL. Love the picture in the church, what a lovely old, historic church. You all look festive.

Be blessed this holiday weekend! And enjoy your time off.

Charlene Merrick (LilLuvsStampin) said...

Beautiful work, Julia! What a special BD card for your MIL! Happy Memorial weekend to you, too!

Pat (mspfd) said...

Julia, this is such a wonderful card! What a wonderful design!

Jamee said...

your card is beautiful!

Kathy Jones said...

Wonderful card and happy birthday to your MIL - hope she has a good day!!

Carolina said...

What a great photo and such a special card you created here - I'm sure your MIL will treasure it for years to come!!!

Paula Pascual said...

Love this card!

Joan Ervin said...

What a super amazing card, Julia...perfect for you MIL!!! Love the wonderful picture, too...she looks like a real sweetie!! You and your DH are a mighty awesome couple!!!

dpkennedy said...

Great card! Sweet picture of you guys too! Hope you had a great weekend!