Friday, May 29, 2009

A Pattern of Faith

The Limited Supplies challenge on Split Coast today was to use just one piece of card stock as your card base and the rest had to be patterned papers, no coloring supplies, and keep embellishments simple. I've had this wonderful damask designer paper from American Crafts for some time and have been dying to use it. I cut it using my Top Note die and stamped the sentiment right onto it over the damask design. All I added was sticky half pearls and the black satin ribbon. I attached the Top Note over the Bitty Star basics designer paper by Papertrey Ink using foam dimensionals.

It was very hard not to use more card stock on this for the sentiment or framing etc!

Stamps: Every Day Blessings: PTI
Paper: Sage Shadow: SU, DP American Crafts - Metropolitan, Text Style 2008 Bitty Star Basics: PTI
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Accessories: top note die: SU, little pearls: Rhinestone Stickers (Michaels), foam dimensionals, black satin ribbon - unknown

Thought I'd give you a quick peek at what we'll be making at the classes I'm teaching tomorrow at the Papertree, in Manchester, NH.

This class is called "Rockin' Notes" and includes a 'pizza box', 4 - 3"x3" cards stamped with various Ketto's from Stamping Bella, and hand made envelopes.
My second class is called "Let's Go Shopping" and we'll be making this Gift Card holder.




this cute little gift bag,

and this accordion recipe/coupon holder. The pretty paper is Bloom and Grow by My Minds Eye and the stamps are Retail Therapy by My Favorite Things.

Well - gotta run - I'm still getting all my stuff together for the classes!

I'll be back over the weekend - AND - I'm on vacation next week - Whoo Hoo!!! We're just hanging out at home - puttering around - hopefully going kayaking if it's warm enough - or taking some hikes - and of course STAMPING UP A STORM!!!

15 comments:

Tami Grandi said...

That's a fabulous idea to use the die cut with patterned paper!

Joanne Travis said...

All of your cards are really fabulous, Julia!! Such a nice variety. I really love those new Kettos. Too cute!

Life Full of Sunflowers said...

Julia - these are great. Love your card for the limited supplies challenge. Enjoy your weekend and vacation.

Tosha Leyendekker said...

Love your elegant LSC card Julia. And all your class projects are just charming!! Such awesome ideas!!

Sharli Schaitberger said...

Julia, the LSC card is SO elegant and beautiful - It sure doesn't LOOK limited!!!! Very rich!

The kettos (is that right?) are adorable! Again, I wish I could be at your class (whine, whine, whine).

Thank you for sharing with us here - it's the only way I'll get to see your beautiful creations!

Crystal said...

Wow girl you have been busy!!! All your projects are beautiful, love all those ketto cards!!!

Jennifer said...

WOW!!! All of these projects are fabulous. I especially like the last 3 projects.

dpkennedy said...

Wow, these are all great! Love the color combo on your faith card! The Ketto set is super adorable! And I love the three projects...the coupon hold is fantastic! I need one of those!!

Jamee said...

such cute projects you are going to be teaching!!!

Unknown said...

Thanks for the great class today. Sorry i couldn't stay for your next class. I went from you blog on a long surfing journey. Ended up on the Ketto blog hop, what fun. Hope to take another of your classes soon. kim

Anonymous said...

WOW Julia!! You've been such a busy stamper!! All of your projects are just gorgeous!! WOW!! :)

Unknown said...

WOW everything you made here is amazing. I love the colors and it just an all around wonderful set.

Jodi Collins said...

Holy CANNOLI! These are all AMAZING Julia! WOW WOW WOW!!

Unknown said...

So much lovliness here!! LOVE that PTI card and the Kettos are FAB!!! :)

Anne Harada said...

Julia!! OMG your classes must be so popular!! I would SOOO pay to take one of those!! WOW!! OK, every one of those projects is adorable. You are amazing!!