Thursday, May 21, 2009

All the World's A Stage

I made this fun little theater stage card for my girlfriend to give to her daughter who is graduating from UMass Amherst this weekend with a degree in Theater Arts. What an exciting time ahead for Ali. She's already auditioned for a play for the summer - so we are keeping our fingers crossed that she gets the part!


I found this wonderful template for a circus tent card on Melyssa's blog. I just altered it a little bit to make it a theater stage. Basically I made the stage square and cut the top straight across instead of pointed like a tent.

Here is the inside of my card. I used two velcro tabs on the top corners to hold the card shut. I used brown lined designer paper for the bottom half to look like a stage floor. All the images are computer clip art from Microsoft Word and the sentiments are computer generated also.


On the inside I put "and you're on next Ali !!" Since there was no place for Cilla to write a note to Ali on the inside of the card - I adhered a Top Note die cut on the back in a color that black pen would show up on.


I love how this card came out - and I'm sure Ali won't get another one like it!



And here's a hot tip - do you know Claire Brennan and her blog Waltzing Mouse? She's starting her own little stamp shop to sell sets she has designed and tonight (Thurs) she's going to be offering her first sets for sale - some adorable gingerbread people and accessories. She has created some wonderful cards and crafts using her sets so be sure to check it out! Claire lives in Ireland and has a terrific blog - Tell her I sent you!

Thanks for stopping by!



Stamps: none
Ink: none
Paper: Elegant Eggplant: SU, Vintage Cream: PTI, DP Bohemia Bluebird All boy stripe, 29th St. Market Carefree Graceful: Pattern Patite and Adorable Polka Spots.
Accessories: foam dimensionals, circle nestability, scalloped square nestability, computer generated sentiments, Microsoft word clip art, glue dots, velcro, Hemp: Elements, buttons: Sabrina Making Memories, Circus Tent Template from Melyssa, top note die: SU

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW Julia!! This is just so creative!! What a fun project!! WOW! She'll love this!! :)

Tosha Leyendekker said...

So clever and beautiful Julia!! LOVE this creative stage! Your curtains are gorgeous!!

Marilyn (stampwithMJ) said...

whoa! that is one awesome graduation card!

Tenia Nelson said...

This is super cool, Julia!!!

Kathy Jones said...

WOW Julia!!!! This is jaw droppingly stunning!!! I bet Ali was amazed to receive such a fantastic card and I wish her good luck with her audition!!

Carolina said...

Too stinkin' creative Julia - love it!

Pat (mspfd) said...

Julia, this is a knockout. What a fabulous design. You are sooo creative!

~amy~ said...

seriously Julia...how Perfect is this card for the graduate?!!!! You are soooo creative!!!! Hope you have a magnificent weekend!!!

Unknown said...

How wickedly creative. I love how that came out for you LOL

Janine said...

Just amazing!!! Love this!

Susan said...

Julia, this is extraordinary! love those MME papers, so perfect in my mind!!! Thanks for sharing the link to the template...that's going into my files for certain! love, love this.

Have a great weekend

Lauren said...

Very cool and so creative!

Velta said...

Oh Julia ~ This card is amazing! The one you are giving it to will be only too happy to receive this! So thoughtful of you ;)

Ann Kranitz said...

This is an Amazing Card!!! It is practically a gift all by itself....My aunt lives up in Amherst and I am going to be up there next weekend for a visit!!

dpkennedy said...

This is completely AWESOME! Very clever and cool project!