Sunday, May 24, 2009

An Odd Little Shoe

I made this little shoe for the Inspiration Challenge on Split Coast this week. Anne (Itsapassion) was the hostess and she showed us the Little Odd Forest web site and I found these little shoes that caught my eye. Here's another front view of the the little shoe I created. It measures about 3 inches long and 1.5 inches wide and maybe an inch tall at the back.
I used a pattern from a book called Paper for All Seasons by Sandra Lounsbury Foose - (this is the same book with the LL Bean bag pattern in it - you can see a sample I made of that here.) This is a view of the bottom before I put another sole on it to cover the tabs. Here is a view from the back where you can see the little band you put on to run the ribbon through. I used Polka Dot Basics from Papertrey Ink for the dots on the shoe, stamping them on Rustic White Paper. The inside is Pink Patterns designer paper and the ribbon is Melon Berry Luxe Satin - all from Papertrey. The little ladybug is from Uptown Rubber Stamps.

I've had this pattern for ever and I'm so glad to finally have made one of these cute little shoes - it would make a great baby shower favor wouldn't it?!?!?
Well - enough stamping for the moment - I'm off to wash my car (boy does it need it!)

Stamps: Polka Dot Basics: PTI, Lady bug: Uptown Rubber Stamps
Paper: Rustic White, DP Pink Patterns Collection: PTI
Ink: Berry Sorbet: PTI, Memento Tuxedo Black
Accessories: Sponge, copics, berry sorbet satin ribbon : PTI, tacky tape, flower punch: all night media, pattern from Paper for all Seasons

16 comments:

Tenia Nelson said...

This is way cute, Julia!!! Awesome stuff, lady!! tfs!!
-t

Ann Kranitz said...

Wow is this super adorable!!!! I love it.

Gwen said...

Oh gosh! how cute!!!!

Crystal said...

Wow this is just SOOO CUTE!!! Love your take on the ic, just perfect!!

Charlene Merrick (LilLuvsStampin) said...

I so admire your talent to make one of these cute shoes, Julia! Absolutely darling! I hope you're having a wonderful Memorial weekend!

Susan said...

bet that car is spotless, Julia, unlike that adorable baby bootie! Love, love this precious idea,

Happy day tomorrow

~amy~ said...

How absolutely darling Julia!!!

Kathy Jones said...

OMGosh - that is absolutely amazing and oh so creative!!! Love it!!!

Carolina said...

Thud!!! Your little shoe turned out beautiful!!!

Joyce said...

Absolutely darling! Great job!

Sharli Schaitberger said...

Julia -
HOW ADORABLE!!! I love this little shoe - and you're right, would make a perfect baby shower favor. However, it looks very difficult! I'm not sure I'm up to it but I think your shoe is precious!

LeAnne said...

Well, if there was a winner to pick, this would be it for me! HOW CUTE!!!!!

Bev J. said...

Cute as can be. I am always amazed at the neat patterns out there-someone is very clever. tfs

Pat (mspfd) said...

Is this precious or what! Totally adorable.

lisa808 said...

Your baby bootie is adorable. How cute would that be for baby shower favors?!?!?

dpkennedy said...

Oh my goodness! This is so adorable! Great little shoe!!