Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Eat, Sleep, Fish - with Mojo

On this card I used the Try a New Technique challenge on Split Coast. We were instructed how to do embossed wax paper . I used the Forest Branches Cuttlebug folder for my background embossing the waxed paper then placing it between 2 pieces of glossy card stock shiny side in and then ironing it without steam. You remove and discard the wax paper - and then ink the glossy card stock with die ink and a brayer.

The fun fishing stamps are from a newly released set by H&M Stamps called Just for Dad. It also includes hunting stamps for the guys in your life that are into those outdoor activities. The set also includes quite a few fun sentiments so be sure to check it out!

I used the Mojo Monday Sketch for my card.

Now that I look at it - doesn't the background look like the ripples in a lake?? A happy accident - I was just going for the outdoors look with the Forest Branches folder. I guess I should have used a blue or greenish blue ink?!?!

Just to let you know - I have a several activities coming up and probably won't be posting for a few days. I have Bible Study tomorrow night - and then my niece, Katie, is getting married on Saturday - so we have the wedding rehearsal and rehearsal dinner on Thursday night, a little pre-wedding cocktail party at Katie's sister's house on Friday and then the wedding on Saturday.

BUT! I have something fun to share with you on Friday - so be sure to check back for that posting!

Thanks so much for stopping by and saying hello!

Stamps: Just for Dad: H&M Stamps
Paper: Naturals Ivory, Close to Cocoa, Glossy Card Stock: SU
Ink: CLose to Cocoa, More Mustard: SU, Memento Tuxedo Black
Accessories: Cuttlebug, Forest Branches Folder, iron, wax paper, foam dimensionals, sponge, brown felt rick rack: Offray, Dark Chocolate Twill: PTI, copics: E11, E13, E09, 100, Y26, BG11, C1, Spica Gold

14 comments:

Melissa Sauls said...

OH I just love what you did with this set Julia!! Great card and GREAT job on the sketch!

Sue from Oregon said...

That background looks like it could be ripply water too if done in blue! Great guy card!

Ann Kranitz said...

This is a great dads card. I love everything about it. Have fun at the wedding.

Crystal said...

Julia wow this is great, love the sponging!! perfect dad card!

~amy~ said...

FABulous masculine card!!! Have fun!!!

Denise Marzec said...

Okay, this is just THE coolest! I love the sponging on the edges and that background is PERFECT with the fishing theme. Awesome, Julia!

Dawn Easton said...

Julia, you totally rocked this card girl~! Honestly...that background is the COOLEST! It came out beautifully and perfect for this stamp set!

Hope you have a great week! Weddings are always exciting!!

Anonymous said...

What a fun card Julia!! I love this!! Perfect masculine card!!

jdmommy - Anne Harmon said...

Fabulous job! I didn't catch this yesterday..once the Sox are on, my computer goes off!! Love the bg and the images!! Wonderful card for any guy!!!!

Unknown said...

Great masculine card. I reallly like this.

Terri Trotter Earley said...

Great card and really fun background. Wonderful job on the Mojo Monday sketch.

It's a good life!
Terri E.

Joan Ervin said...

This is such an awesome guy card...love the fishing theme and your background turned out sooo AWESOME!!!!

Shirley said...

I love this technique and on your beautiful card it is so perfect~ Love the colors and design too, Julia!

dpkennedy said...

Wow, that is a cool technique! Really great for a masculine card like you made...I LOVE it! Have fun at the wedding!!!