Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Isaiah 44:6 God's Attribute - Redeemer

This is a 6x6 page that I created for Week 9 of Patter's His Holy Name Challenges on Split Coast - God's attribute for week 9 is Redeemer. We are to look in the Bible for a verse that is meaningful to us that has 'Redeemer' in it. This verse from Isaiah spoke to me about this attribute - "This is what the Lord says - Israels King and Redeemer, the Lord Almighty: I am the first and I am the last; apart from me there is no God ". Pretty powerful stuff isn't it?!

I used this weeks OCC sketch for the design of my page. I turned it on it's side to accomodate my verse - and then realized when holding it this way - the two crossing panels make a Cross. How very appropriate! The verse is computer generated - the only stamping on this page is on the two ovals where I used my retired Karen Foster snap stamps for the lesson number and the attribute. You can join in these challenges at any time - check out Patter's post in the forums.

I'm so glad you came by today!
Stamps: Snap Stamps: Karen Foster
Paper: Vintage cream, dark chocolate, ripe avocado: PTI, DP The paper loft - spring fling/garden party
Ink: ripe avocado
Accessories: computer generated verse, avery label, labels four nestabilities, sponge, foam dimensionals, corner rounder, cuttlebug, oval punches: SU, ripe avocado satin ribbon: PTI

15 comments:

Sharli Schaitberger said...

Love the cross behind the sentiment! This is so elegant and lovely - what a wonderful card!

Unknown said...

I noticed that it made a cross too. I love it. Great take!

Anonymous said...

So very beautiful and elegant!! :)

JulieA said...

Beautiful! Simply beautiful!

Sporty Stamper said...

Very elegant and powerful card! Great job.

Charlene Merrick (LilLuvsStampin) said...

WOW! This is gorgeous, Julia!!

Susan said...

what a tribute to our LORD, Julia! This is stunning, serene, and reflective. I am encouraged by the scripture today.

Ann Kranitz said...

This is just STUNNING!!

Pat (mspfd) said...

Awesome job!

Amy Rohl said...

A jaw-dropper, Julia! I love the crossed panels and ribbon, and what a lovely sentiment label--just perfect!

Glad you got in on the TCP discount Ü

Anne Harada said...

Such a beautiful choice for a scripture! Your layout and color combo are amazing, how do you do it!!??

dpkennedy said...

I love this sketch! The patterned paper you used it so pretty and the verse is just beautiful!

Joan Ervin said...

You are right, Julia...the verse is sooo powerful!!!! Your page is absolutely gorgeous....love the regal colors you used and I love how you showcased the scripture!!!

Monika/Buzsy said...

Very pretty! Love the great colors, the verse... TFS!

Amber said...

i really like your take on this the colors are pretty and work so well together and love the cross behind the verse jurte