Saturday, May 2, 2009

Inspired Tulips - Papertrey Springtime Challenge

For today's Inspiration challenge on Split Coast Stef showed us Faviana Prom gowns. I was inspired by the color of this purple gown

I used tulips as my subject for the Papertrey Inspiration challenge. I was inspired by Kelly Lunceford's picture of her garden seen below.

I used the colors of vintage cream, ocean tides, plum pudding and lavender moon for my card. The tulip and dots below the sentiment are from the Wishing You set and the thank you is from the Beyond Basic Borders set.
What a wonderful day it was here today - sunny and warm - I got a lot of edging and mulching done in my front gardens - then I did some stamping - and tonight DH and I are off to a local symphony performance - a day full of good things!

Stamps: Wishing You & Beyond Basic Borders: PTI
Paper: Vintage Cream, Ocean Tides, Plum Pudding, Lavender Moon, TextStyles 2008 Bitty Dot Basics - all PTI
Ink: Plum Pudding, Ocean Tides: PTI, Memento Tuxedo Black
Accessories: Crystal Stickers pearls, foam dimensionals, Labels 4 Nestabilities, Cuttlebug, EK Success Wavy punch, Lavender Moon satin Ribbon: PTI, corner punch: SU

24 comments:

Joan Ervin said...

Julia...this is soooo gorgeous!!!! I love those awesome colors and the combo of the stamps, nesties dies, and ribbon makes for one over the top FABULOUS design!!!!!

Courtney Baker said...

Wow that is fabulous. Terrific interpretation. And I am so jealous of your sunny day! :)

Kerri said...

This is absolutely gorgeous! I love the colors, and dimension! Sounds like you're having a fabulous day : )

Life Full of Sunflowers said...

Julia - this is beautiful - I love these colors and the ribbon is wonderful. Great job !!!

Charlene Merrick (LilLuvsStampin) said...

You already know that I lovwe this beauty with all the purple and polkadots, Julia. I just had to comment on your inspiration piece from Kelly's photograph, which is beautiful! Glad to hear that you had a wonderful day and I hope the symphony was all you expected!

Sharli Schaitberger said...

Julia,
Not only the color, but the tulip shape is an inspiration. I love your card!

Sue from Oregon said...

All I can say is ......WOW!!!!!!

Tosha Leyendekker said...

This is just charming Julia!

Lauri said...

Gorgeous!!!!! Oh wish I had the money tree!! I would be buying a LOT of PTI stuff!

Bev J. said...

Beautiful card-like the design and colors used. tfs

Scrapping Julie said...

love, love love it. i just got those dies. dying to use them.

Pat (mspfd) said...

Gorgeous. Love the vivid colors. Love the dies you used!

Velta said...

How Lovely !!! I Love you use of colors in this card!!

Terri Trotter Earley said...

Love the flower and ribbon accents. The label nesstie you uesd was great as well. Super job on the spring fling challenge.

It's a good life!
Terri E.

Amanda said...

This is so pretty!! I love the color combo. Wonderful job.

Unknown said...

Everything about this is great the diminsion the colors fantasic

~amy~ said...

Julia...wow!!! Spectacular job!!!

Betty Wright said...

Julia, this is gorgeous!!! I think I want this set, too!!! Great colors and love the dimension and pearl detailing!!!

Anonymous said...

So stunning Julia!! I just LOVE tulips!! Your colors are so pretty and so is your layout!!

Anne Harada said...

Spectacular! Your card is so CAS, I just love the design!!

KatieTurtle said...

I love the color scheme you used! Totally would have never thought that Wishing you could look like this! Great card!

Amy said...

What a gorgeous card -- fantastic color combo! I love the layering you did with the Labels 4 Nesties.

Shirley said...

Wow! I love that tulip and how you chose to mount it too!

quilter said...

Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious!
Your card is so exquisite. I follow your work in the Holy Name cards. I haven't learned how to post cards yet, but don't you stop! What an inspiration.`~~Blessings