Wednesday, May 6, 2009

A Special Mum


Here is a Mother's Day card for the Our Creative Corner challenge this past Saturday. I made this card a few weeks ago but never posted it and thought now is a good time for the OCC challenge!

So here I am posting when I thought I wouldn't have any time today!

I paper pieced the mum and little girls dresses and hat and I restamped, cut out and popped up the little girls basket of flowers.

Our family always uses the British spelling of Mum (British heritage) so that is how I write it but no stamps here in the US spell it that way.

My card is 6"x3" - a fun size to use now and then and I used copics to color what I didn't paper piece.

Now - I really and truly don't think I'll be posting tomorrow night! It's the wedding rehearsal and rehearsal dinner but you never know!

And boy - are we busy here in MA watching the Bruins, the Celtics AND the Red Sox - what a great sports year for our teams!

Please remember to check back on Friday for my fun news!

Stamps: Inky Antics, Darcie's Unmounted Mother's Day Sayings

Paper: White, aqua mist: PTI, Close to Cocoa and DP: SU

Ink: Onyx Black Versafine

Accessories: Copics: YR61, Y11, G00, E09, RV11, E50, E00, R20, V12, glue dots, aqua mist saddle stitched ribbon: PTI, Rectangle nestabilities, small heart punch: McGill, edge distresser: Heidi Swapp.

15 comments:

NoraAnne said...

What a precious card...I LOVE the image!!! Where did you get that? is it Inky Antics? I just searched there website and couldn't find it :(

Crystal said...

this is sooo cute, great colors and wonderful image!! love that setiment!!

Sharli Schaitberger said...

What a sweet card!!! I'm so glad you shared this one - it made me smile and I needed a smile today!

Enjoy the wedding festivities!

Pat (mspfd) said...

Totally adorable!

Joanne Travis said...

What an adorable stamp! That is my favorite SU paper ever and I love the way you worked it into mom's dress. So sweet!

jdmommy - Anne Harmon said...

What an adorable image! I love that you paper pieced it.....any Mom would love it! Great job!!

Allison Rankin said...

What a perfect image for Mother's Day...great piecing too!

Ann Kranitz said...

So very lovely!

Joan Ervin said...

Awwww, what a super sweet Mother's Day card, Julia...such awesome paper piecing and beautiful colors!!! Sounds like you will be busy this weekend with all those games to watch and a wedding in the works....have fun!!!

Shirley said...

What a really wonderful and pretty card. The words are especially meaningful to Mums too!

Susan said...

so charming, Julia, love the red chair and how much texture the felt gives to your card!

Have a wonderful time with all the festivities...a May wedding, how wonderful!

Dawn Easton said...

What a super cute image Julia!

dpkennedy said...

Oh this is so pretty! I love those sweets girls and the paper piecing!

Unknown said...

I love how paper piecing looksand then never try it! I really need to, this is so cute.

Robin said...

What a sweet card! I love the image of the mom and little girl. So cute! Thanks for joining us at OCC this week!