Monday, May 25, 2009

Hinged on a Birthday

I made this card for the Try a New Technique challenge on Split Coast. As you can see - the top half slips up to reveal the sentiment. We were directed to Wendy's tutorial for instructions. The birthday verse if from PTI. Here is how my card looks closed.

The base card (white) measures 4 1/4 x 5 1/2. The bottom designer paper panel is 4 1/4 x 3 3/4 before punching with an edge punch. The second card stock layer of punching measures 1 1/4 x 4 1/4. The top designer panel is 4 1/4 x 3. The rectangle with the flower is 2 3/4 x 2 1/2.

She even gives us a solution to hiding the tabs of the brad that show on the back of the card. She suggests you cut another strip of card stock 5 1/2 x 1 1/2, punch the edge and attach it on the back over the brad tabs.


I hadn't seen this type of card before although they said it's showing up on lots of blogs - guess I haven't been blogging enough lately!!?? This was really fun and easy - hope you'll try it out. I'm wondering if people who receive it will understand how to get into it??!! Maybe I'll include a little arrow with 'open this way' on a sticky or something!

Stamps: Birthday Wishes & flower medallion: Simple Little Things - PTI, Verse: Birthday Basics - PTI

Paper: whisper white, sage shadow: SU, DP My Minds Eye Bloom & Grow/little blossom (front and back of DP)

Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Sage Shadow: SU

Accessories: small brad: Making Memories, big brad: Deja Views Framed Brads/Mango, large flower: Darice Finishing Accents, Small flower: Oriental trading, Martha Stewart lacey punch, Zutter corner rounder, foam dimensionals.

10 comments:

Lauri said...

You did a great job!! I think I am behind too..today was the first time I have seen this one!! Maybe I need to blogsurf more!

Tenia Nelson said...

This rocks, Julia!!! Love the colors too!! Have a great holiday!!

Ann Kranitz said...

Absolutely gorgeous!! I just love that paper you used.

Joan Ervin said...

This is sooo pretty, Julia...love the papers you used and the hinged design looks sooo cool!!! Love the sentiment you used, too, and the flower looks AWESOME!!!!

LeAnne said...

This is lovely! I love this paper and think this is so cute!
LeAnne

Velta said...

Love it Julia!! The colors compliment each other so well :)

Ali Manning said...

Julia, this is a fabulous card - the color combo really rocks!

JulieA said...

How beautiful, Julia! I love your flowers and all of the pretty edges.

lisa808 said...

I have been wanting to try one of these hinge cards. Your looks so pretty. The colors are great together.

dpkennedy said...

Well, this is the first time I am seeing this myself-and it's adorable! I love your pp and color choice! I have to make one of these! Wonderful Julia!