Monday, May 11, 2009

A Clean and Simple Miss You

This weeks CAS challenge on Split Coast (Clean and Simple) was to use the rock and roll technique - I inked my flowers with the lighter Lavender Moon PTI ink - then rolled the edges of the stamp over the darker Plum Pudding PTI ink. Then stamped it - this technique gives a two color image with the darker on the outside and the lighter on the inside of the image.

This Eastern Bloom flower is my absolute favorite flower to stamp - I love the lines in it and how great it looks cut out and curled. The stem is a sizzix die and I scored the edges of the card. I put some stickles in the centers of the flowers. Two of the flowers are cut out and popped up on thick foam dimensionals - the third one is stamped right on the card.
Thought I'd leave you with this picture from church on Mother's Day - this is Eden, my 3 year old God Child, and she gave me the pretty bouquet of flowers in front of me in the white box. They are in a round glass vase and are carnations, baby's breath and roses. She, of course, was more interested in her white grape juice and cookie! Don't you love her curls?!

Thanks for coming by today!
Stamps: Flower: Eastern Blooms: SU, Sentiment: Simple Little Things: PTI
Paper: white, ripe avocado: PTI
Ink: Lavender Moon, Plum Pudding: PTI
Accessories: sizzix die - leaf stem, cuttlebug, scor pal, stickles, thick foam dimensionals

19 comments:

Unknown said...

this is beautiful!

I agree- this stamp is one of my favorites and I don't even have it!!

Linsey R said...

What a gorgeous card, Julia! I think the lovely purple flowers with sparkly centers look stunning against the crisp, white base, with simple embossed lines. Just so fresh and pretty! And it sure looks like a blesed Mother's day you had too! I sure hope it was because you certainly deserved it! You are a wonderful person and friend and Eden is lucky to have you! and she is darling too! tfs! xoxo

Jean McKenzie said...

Julie, I love your card - purple is my favourite colour and yes the flower stamp you used is one of my favourites. Your God child is so cute!

Anonymous said...

This is stunning!!!

Ali Manning said...

Wow Julia - this is a really fabulous card!

Sharli Schaitberger said...

Oh Julia! The card is elegant, and I must try to create something similar, but I must say - the photo of you with that precious God-child is a real keeper! How sweet and thoughtful! Thanks so much for the warm fuzzy.

Joan Ervin said...

Well, just look at your sweet self, Julia....you are sooo blessed to have such a precious God child, and what a cutie pie she is!! Love your gorgeous card with the beautiful flowers and the scoring on the white....AWESOME, girlfriend!!!

LeAnne said...

Lovely card and sweet photo of you & your godchild, too! I struggle with this technique, but I guess I should have used this image, might have worked better than the one I used! Very nicely done!

~amy~ said...

Julia, your card is absolutely magnificent..clean & crisp! Eden is such a cutie pie!!!

dpkennedy said...

Your card is beautiful, but of course, Eden steals the show! she is gorgeous! I like the clean and simple style of your card and the great color technique!

Carolina said...

You did an wonderful job with CAS challenge - love the leaves and stem behind the flowers...such a nice touch!

Eden is just precious!!!

Tammy said...

Wow this is so pretty. I love the purple. Everytime I come to your blog and see your blog header it gives me a little escape to a place I remember in England. What wonderful memories. It melts the stress right way!

Sporty Stamper said...

What a stunning card! Love how you popped the flowers.

Velta said...

The first thing I said when I saw your card was Oh Wow! The simplicity just makes this creation more elegant...love that rolled look. Then I saw your God child...what a beautiful little love :)

Anonymous said...

So beautiful Julia!! Really love your flowers!! :)

Molly B said...

Very pretty card. I love that flower too. I need to try bending it like that sometime.. Your little Eden is a beautiful girl. Love her hair. -Molly B

Pat (mspfd) said...

Julia, you rocked this week's CAS challenge. This card is gorgeous! Love everything about it.

Anne Harada said...

What a sweety pie Eden is!! She is so cute, I just want to hug her right through the picture!! Looks like a wonderful Mother's Day suprise for you!!

Love the card you made, so stunning in it's simplicity! Thats one of my fav flower stamps too. Awesome job Julia!!

Etha said...

what a wonderful card! it looks so fresh :) love that you stamped the sentiment in the plum, very pretty!