Saturday, March 29, 2014

Stamping after Raking

I spent two hours this morning raking up all the leaves, branches and other debris left on our lawn from this never ending winter!  I was out early (8:30 am) and it was in the 40's and sunny and the birds were singing - and I was getting good exercise - so I was happy to be out there - I always feel good when the yard looks nicely 'combed'!  By the time I decided to stop and come in before I dropped dead - the sky had clouded over and a few hours later it began to rain.

So, to reward myself for my hard work - I spent the rest of the morning and afternoon in my craft room (Yay!) trying to get some challenges done before the deadlines.  I made 5 cards - two that I will share today.

Someone at work asked me if I could make a boy Christening card for them.  I only have one set of stamps with sentiments specifically for Baptism -  Special Blessings from Stampin' Up - so those are the stamps I used.  The blue papers are Bazzill and Coredinations so there is a nice texture on both and I embossed the white panel.
My design was inspired by this weeks Freshly Made Sketch 
Sketches are SO helpful to jump start my creative process.  Sometimes I just don't know where to start and a Sketch shows me how.
My 2nd card is a Get Well card.  I used water color paper for the top panel so it has nice texture as does the colored papers I used for the flowers and stem.
I die cut a Nestability square out of the front panel, popped that frame panel up on the card base with foam tape, then layered my die cut pieces on the cut out and adhered that inside the frame.  My stamps and dies are Petals 'N Posies from Reverse Confetti.  I love how the little dot centers look when you just stamp them on the background - like splatter only controlled!! LOL!! (when I 'splatter' it usually doesn't do what I want it to do!)
I'm entering this card in 3 challenges:

House of Cards - add a button
 Reverse Confetti  March Color Challenge - Yellow, Green and Navy

Baptism Card
Stamps:  Special Blessings - SU
Paper:  white - PTI, dark blue - Coredinations, light blue - Bazzill
Ink:  Watering Can - Archival
Accessories:  Spring Rain Saddle Stitched Ribbon - PTI, Caribben Blend sequins - Avery Elle, Square Lattice Embossing Folder - SU, tiny Twinkles - Taylored Expressions, word window punch - SU, foam dots, ScorTape.

Wishing You Well
Stamps:  Petals 'N Posies - Reverse Confetti
Paper:  White - PTI, water color white - Ranger, Green - Coredinations, butter yellow - Bazzill Basics, blue - Prismatics
Ink:  Ranger Distress Mustard Seed and Chipped Sapphire
Accessories:  dies - Petals 'N Posies - Reverse Confetti, square Nestability, foam dots, Glue N Seal - Ranger, vintage button - PTI


14 comments:

Kay Miller said...

Both of your cards are just wonderful! I love the flowers and the colors you used in the second one! So pretty!!

Stamping With Bibiana said...

both of them are so pretty. i am sure the recipients will be so pleased receiving these little gems made with love
hugs from bibiana

Joni Andaya said...

What a GORGEOUS take Julia, the flower card is so Pretty :)

Cindy Hall said...

Wow! Both cards are fabulous! I love the classic elegance of the Christening card and your flower card is so clean and simple, yet looks like a work of art! Love the textured papers... it really adds a lot. Thanks for sharing with us at Freshly Made Sketches!

Ruth M said...

Both are beautiful cards Julia! Thanks so much for linking up your pretty flowery card to our HOC add a button challenge, I love the mix of stamping and die cuts and the bold colours pop wonderfully against the crisp white! Hope we see you at HOC again soon!
Ruth x

Stacey Schafer said...

gorgeous cards, Julia! so happy to see you in the Reverse Confetti link up!

Anita said...

Love both of these cards. Thanks for playing along with us at House of Cards. Hugs. So pretty.

MRS DUCK said...

Hi Julia
Both cards are absolutely super. Thank you for joining in at House of Cards.
Best wishes.
Ang

~amy~ said...

awesome cards Julia...love what you did with the Reverse Confetti color challenge!

True Joy Studio said...

Very pretty cards!

Leigh Penner said...

Lovely cards, Julia! I especially love how you used the Reverse Confetti stamps with the sketch!

Mynn xx said...

Two super beautiful cards! LOVE the gorgeous flowers on the second one! Thanks for joining us at HOC! :) HUGS and have a great rest of the week! Mynn xx

Shirley said...

Your baptism card is wonderful! It is pretty, but not too much and the design is perfect for a boy's christening! OMGosh I am in love with the get well card! Wonderful colors and the die cut window is beautiful! Very clever with the button. Perfect with those flower centers!

Chrissy Larson said...

Two great cards! Love them both.