Saturday, March 8, 2014

Watercolor and Carnival Birthdays

Finally had some free time to do some stamping just for fun!  I have a pile of this weeks' challenges printed out on my work table and I got a couple covered with these cards!

I did a little water coloring on this card. For the background, I colored on my acrylic block with Ranger Distress Markers, spritzed the block with water and then stamped it on the card stock.  I die cut the piece with my new Love Note die from Reverse Confetti.  I inked the Funky Flower stamps with the same Ranger Distress Markers I used for the background - spritzed the stamps with water and stamped them over the background.  I added enamel dots to the centers and stamped the sentiment from Birthday Buddies by Paper Smooches in black.
My colors were chosen for the Colour Q challenge
 and I water colored for Virginia's View Challenge
And the Paper Smooches challenge - Anything Goes
My 2nd card is a clean and simple birthday card using the Circus Spectacular stamp set from MFT, a chevron embossing folder and stitched mat circle die.
  I used a circus theme for the Cas-ology Cue Card - Carnival
My son, Josh,  and his partner, April are coming to dinner Saturday night and after church on Sunday two friends and I are having a St. Patrick's Day sale and then a card stamping workshop at church - so I've got a busy weekend!   
I'll be back on Monday at 7 pm EST - at the Waltzingmouse Pajama Party - and on Tuesday - I'll be posting a new spring template from Creations by AR - hope to see you then!

Watercolor Birthday
Stamps:  Funky Flowers - Waltzingmouse, Birthday Buddies - Paper Smooches
Paper:  White - PTI
Ink:  Archival Jet Black
Accessories:  Ranger Distress Markers -  Pumice Stone, Pine Needles, Peeled Paint, foam dots, Love Note die - Reverse Confetti, enamel dots - My Minds Eye

Circus Birthday
Stamps:  Circus Spectacular - MFT
Paper:  White, Pure Poppy - PTI
Ink:  Archival Jet Black and Sienna
Accessories:  Charles Embossing Folder - Provo Craft, stitched Mat Circle die - Lil' Inker Designs, foam tape.

16 comments:

Ardyth said...

I can't believe you have a seal stamp! I love this fun image and the way you've added interest to your card with the embossed panel and the 'stitching' on the white circle. Thanks so much for joining us at CASology this week!

Virginia L. said...

Hi Julia! Your mix of water colors for the background is awesome! Thanks for playing Virginia's View challenge!

Jen Mitchell said...

Oooh, I love the water colored background on your card. Thanks for joining us at colourQ!

Karin Åkesdotter said...

LOVE!!! Such great takes on the challenges! Hugs!

Mary Marsh said...

love the watercolor bg you created Julia-hope your time with Josh and April was good-wish you well with the sale

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

This is one cool birthday card with that circus seal! The watercolor card is pretty, too!

Susan (rainy) said...

Oh that watercolor background is gorgeous! And the second card is so fun.

Pat (mspfd) said...

Spectacular CAS creations. Love the watercolored background on your first card, and the fab colors and image on the second.

*Vicki* said...

These are both really gorgeous designs Julia! Love the watercolor effect on the top and what a cute seal on the second card! :) Thanks for sharing! Hey…I have some blog candy up for grabs if you’re interested! CLICK HERE TO ENTER! If you’ve already entered, then good luck to you! Hugs - *Vicki*

Sarah G said...

Love your carnival card! The sealion is fab and the stitched circle is lovely and crisp against the red base. Great watercolour effect in the first card too - everyone's loving watercolour at the mo!

Kim Heggins said...

Love your sweet seal stamp...really makes for a fun card, so darn cute! and your water color card is so beautiful.

Tracey McNeely said...

Julia what fabulous cards, I love your watercoloured background and that seal? Yikes too cute! What a cool ferris wheel. Thank you so much for sharing with us at the colourQ and CASology!

Gillian R said...

Such a cute card, love that seal and your background. Thank you so much for joining us this week at CASology

Anonymous said...

Love the water coloring on the 1st card, and the seal on the 2nd card!! Beautiful!!

Shirley said...

The first card is so beautiful and how creative with the scalloped edge! The second is really fun with the seal and the sentiments are great for him~!

Sarah said...

Fab card, love your layout, thanks for joining us at ColourQ, hugs, Sarah x