Thursday, March 6, 2014

Mr & Mrs

Hi everyone - it's been a while since I posted!  Everything's good - I've just been really busy getting ready for a couple of DT postings, helping with our church lobster roll sale this week, going to church for Ash Wednesday - and, of course, working full time!    NOT ENOUGH HOURS IN THE DAY!!

I do have a little bag to share that a co-worker asked me to make for a friend who had recently married.  I used my favorite little canvas bag from Pouch Mart, hand sewing a little ribbon along the top and adding a stamped tag tied with wrinkled seam tape and a little heart key charm.
 
The stamps are Love and Marriage from PTI as well as the Tag.  I attached the tag to the bag with a little pearl stick pin.
 
 She wanted to put a gift card inside - so I made a little card to hold it using the new Gift Card it Dies from Waltzingmouse.
Did you know the Waltzingmouse Pajama Party is coming on March 10th?  That's part of what I've been working on -  check out all the challenges here - so you'll be ready to link your projects on the 10th.

And - I'll be posting an adorable new spring template from Creations by AR on Tuesday, March 11th so I hope you'll check that out as well!

Stamps:  Love & Marriage - PTI
Paper:  Vintage Cream - PTI
Ink: Ranger Distress Tumbled Glass, Festive Berries
Accessories:  canvas bag - Pouchmart.com, foam dots, wrinkled seam tape - Prairie Bird Boutique Etsy Shop, Gift Card It Dies - Waltzingmouse, Corner Rounder - Zutter, key charm - Mark's Finest Papers, Tag Sale #3 die - PTI.






13 comments:

Esther Asbury said...

Beautiful project! Love the way you dressed up the bag and what an elegant card!

Deepti said...

This is such an adorable
Project, love the charm n the colors n wrinkled seam tape

Annette Allen said...

wow these are all so sweet.. I love your amazing creativity..

Susan (rainy) said...

What a lovely little gift bag! Adore all the wonderful little alterations... the lace, that awesome ribbon/tape, the charm. It is all so sweet. And the card is beautiful as well.

Diane said...

What a wonderful gift bag, very clever. Love the elegant card design.

Hugs diane

~amy~ said...

Lobster Roll...ooohhh...that sounds yummy!
What a neat giftie! She's going to love it! Awesome use of that bag!

Anonymous said...

I know what you mean, I work full-time too and I don't seem to have enough time either :-) I really LOVE that goft bag and card, hey will love it!!!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Adorable! Love this bag!!

*Vicki* said...

Hi Julia!! You've created some really stunning projects here!! Love the elegance!! Hope all works smoothly for you!! HUGS

Darnell said...

How original and fantastic, Julia! The bag alone is a wonderful gift!! Hugs, Darnell

Mona Pendleton said...

Beautiful projects Julia! You know I love the little gift ensembles that you create! I hope you have a great weekend!

Sharli Schaitberger said...

Wowie, that is just BEAUTIFUL! I love the background writing that you used on the tag - golly, I wish I could buy all the stamps I love! *wink*
Nice work, Julia! Hugs!!

Anne-Elise said...

Wow, fab creation, Julia! Love the cute gift bag and the tag! Hugs