Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Spring and Winter

Today I have a Spring card and a Winter/Christmas card - oddly enough using similar colors!
First is my Easter Tag Card -  I used a Stitched Mat Rectangle die (again!) for my base and die cut the Tag Sale #8 dies from PTI in green and white.  I stamped the eggs and sentiment from Nestie Eggs by Waltzingmouse on the white portion and layered it onto the green with foam dots.  To finish off the tag I looped a piece of green/white striped ribbon through the hole and layered that to the yellow panel with foam dots.
I actually made 4 of these cuties for the Easter sale at my church - I love the different designs on the eggs - and the bright colors are SO Easter-y!
I'm entering these in the Paper Players Challenge -  Clean and Simple "Spring"
and the Inkspirational Challenge - I was inspired by all the colors of the sheep!

And now for my Christmas card - made for the 100th Merry Monday Challenge
 The colors in this inspiration photo made me run the other way - NOT in my comfort zone at all - especially for a Christmas card.   Then I sat down and made myself do it!  I used a lot of white to minimize my discomfort!  The door is from Home Made and the little pine branches, bow, berries and sentiments are from Two Feet Deep (which I finally broke down and bought a couple of months ago! - LOVE the sled and skis in this set!)
I stamped the door in Grout Grey because I wanted the focus on the sweet little pine branches!  See how cute it is?!
So - I was able to make a card that I actually like with these bright non-tradtional Christmas colors!  That's what challenges will do for you!

Easter Tag Card
Stamps: Nestie Eggs - Waltzingmouse
Paper:  White, Simply Chartreuse, Harvest Gold - PTI
Ink:  Ranger Distress Salty Ocean, Seedless Preserves, Picked Raspberry, Ripe Persimmon, Festive Berries, Mustard Seed.
Accessories:  Stitched Mat Rectangle Die - Lil' Inker Designs, Ribbon - May Arts, Tag Sale #8 dies - PTI.

Christmas Door Card
Stamps:  Home Made, Two Feet Deep - PTI
Paper:  White - PTI, Certainly Celery - SU
Ink:  Adirondack Mountain Rose, Memento Pear Tart, Grout Grey  - Color Box/MFT
Accessories:  Stitched Mat Rectangle Die - Lil' Inker Designs, foam dots.

17 comments:

Annette Allen said...

oh my how cute are those eggs and tags.. awesome cards..

Mona Pendleton said...

All of your cards are fabulous Julia! Love the colorful Easter eggs and the pretty Christmas card!

~amy~ said...

Love the easter cards! I'm a huge fan of non-traditional colors for Christmas so your holiday card is FABulous...love the door and wreath!

Joan Ervin said...

You are such an enabler, gf...now I just have to have those stitched dies after seeing both your gorgeous designs!!!! The little tags are sooo cute and I love how you stamped the flowers on the door on the second card...you do such beautiful work!!!!

Chris Dring said...

These Easter cards are so adorable, and that Christmas card is absolutely perfect! Great takes on all of the challenges!

Notes by Nina said...

Your tags are adorable Julia and I am loving your pretty Christmas card. Thank you for joining us for Merry Monday .

LeAnne said...

WOW wow wow! Your Easter cards are so sweet....I just LOVE those PTI dies, I wish the Easter bunny would bring me some! AND your MM card is just delightful! A wonderful way to use the toned-down colors of the challenge!!! Thanks for playing with the Players AND the Merry Monday challenge!

Fabiola said...

adorable de sobriété! biz

Kathy Schweinfurth said...

Adorable cards! Love the stitched door - simple design, yet very eye-catching! Thanks so much for joining us at Merry Monday!

Bonnie said...

These colors scared me at first but I loved the results and I love your results too! What a welcome looking door! Thanks for sharing this with us at Merry Monday! Love the Easter eggs too!

Mary Marsh said...

I like the Easter tag you created Julia-creative idea -I am sure it was a hit at your sale-had to laugh at your comments about the colors for the MM challenge -the card your created looks great and is so your style

Lesley said...

It is SO fresh and fabulous, Julia!!! I love that the door is a softer gray and that the flowers pop. Happy you pushed yourself out of your comfort zone!!!
Hugs.
Lesley

Linda said...

Fabulous cards .... those eggs are so cute!
Love your Merry Monday entry ... so CAS. xx

Deepti said...

Fabulous cards, I love the one with the door n wreath the most :)

Joni Andaya said...

Gorgeous creations Julia!!! Love each one :)

Marina said...

Fabulously colourful eggs - love how you varied them. Thank you for joining us at Inkspirational Challenges. Come back next time! Marina

Meighan Wheller said...

Great little Easter tags on your card. A fabulous Easter card. Great take on the inspirational photo and thanks for sharing with us at Inkspirational. Meighan DT