Saturday, March 1, 2014

Sparkle and Silver

I had a lot of fun making the two cards I have to share today!  Sparkle and Silver,  Aqua and Purple and a little bit of Gold!  For my first card - I used my brandy new Cover Plate Stripes Horizontal from PTI - patching some of it with black and tan.  The Funky Flowers are from Waltzingmouse, the sentiment is from a new set I just got in the mail -  Whole Lotta Happy from WPlus9 - embossed in gold on a black panel I cut with a stitched mat rectangle die from Lil' Inker Designs
This card was inspired by the Cure for the Monday Blues #6 - Strictly Sparkle.
  I'm also entering this into Seize the Birthday - Anything goes.
 My next card is another one full of sparkle - I actually used the same sparkle paper from Michaels - but in aqua this time.
I silver embossed the deer from Waltzingmouse on brushed silver card stock.  I used a Tipped Top Die from PTI to cut the angled sparkle panel.  I silver embossed the sentiment "Merry Christmas" ( Zalig Herstfeest in Dutch) and added some silver sparkle enamel dots!  
 




 My inspiration for this card was this week's Merry Monday Christmas Challenge

 My design was from this week's Freshly Made Sketches
 and I used a Dutch sentiment on my card for the City Crafter Challenge Blog -  Do you speak English?

How fun are all these blog challenges??  They really help me get creative in my card design!

 To Help You Celebrate
Stamps:  Funky Flowers - Waltzingmouse,  Whole Lotta Happy - WPlus9
Paper:  white, true black, fine linen - PTI, purple sparkle card stock - Michaels
Ink:  Versamark, Ranger Distress Picked Raspberry, Worn Lipstick and Peeled Paint
Accessories:  gold embossing folder, heat gun, foam dots, tiny clothespin - Michaels, Sugar coated brad - Doodlebug Design, Stitched Mat Rectangle Die - Lil'Inker Designs, cover plate stripes Horizontal - PTI

Zalig Herstfeest
Stamps:  Folk Art Christmas Additions, Nutcracker Sweets - Waltzingmouse
Paper:  white - PTI, aqua sparkle - Michaels, Brushed Silver - SU
Ink:  Versamark
Accessories:  silver embossing powder, heat gun, Tipped Top Die - PTI, reindeer die  - Folk Art Christmas/Waltzingmouse, glitter eyelash yarn - Martha Stewart, enamel dots - My Minds' Eye, Glue N Seal.

29 comments:

Craftynanny said...

I just love a bit of sparkle love the simplicity of the aqua card too xx

Ros Crawford said...

Beautiful card!! Love that glitter ... Thanks so much for playing along at CCCB!!

Deborah Frings said...

Both cards are super! I do like the pretty flowers on the first card. However, it's the cool, frosty deer card that I just love!

Kathy Schweinfurth said...

I love how you embossed the little silver reindeer and added the bit of fiber around his neck - beautiful card! Thanks so much for playing with us at Merry Monday!!

Anonymous said...

I love the sparkle!! Beautiful colors! Great use of the inspiration and sketch!!

Mona Pendleton said...

Such pretty cards Julia! Love all the shimmery goodness! Happy March!

Kristie Goulet said...

Julia, both of your cards are super! I love the sparkle on both of them and especially the silver reindeer! Thank you for joining us at Merry Monday!

Pat (mspfd) said...

Outstanding creations, Julia. The colors are fantastic. Loving the layout you used on the second card.

~amy~ said...

WOWZA...lovin' all the glitz today!

wienerhoneymooners said...

Amazing Julia!!!! Love them BOTH!!

Bonnie said...

This folk art deer always catches my eye and I love how you've silver embossed on the silver! Love that yarn too! Thanks, Julia, for sharing it with us at Merry Monday!

Karin Åkesdotter said...

WOW!!! These are both such GREAT takes on the inspiration Pictures! LOVE them!

Winnie said...

Such pretty cards! Love the color combo on the first one and how the clothes pin picked it up too. The second one looks frost, and an adorable deer!

Susan (rainy) said...

Seriously gorgeous cards! Love all the sparkle!!

Annette Allen said...

wow gorgeous.. loving all the glitter..

Unknown said...

Awesome card.Thanks so much for playing along at CCCB!

Maarit at Violets Corner said...

Very pretty cards Julia, love the sparkle.

Warm hugs
Maarit

Notes by Nina said...

Both cards are fantastic Julia, Thank you for joining us for Merry Monday.

Peggy said...

Look at those beautiful sparkly creations!! Love them both!

Taheerah said...

Absolutely stunning!! Love your choice of glittered papers, and the angled sentiment panel with the clothes pin is so perfect for the inspiration! Thank you *so* much for playing to find a Cure For The Monday Blues!

Kim Heggins said...

I love both of your cards...from fun and festive with the silver deer to classy and elegant birthday card.

Karren said...

This is fantastic, Julia! I love the stylised silver deer - he's adorable. Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.

Sid said...

Fab cards !!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful!! Thanks so much for playing this week at CCCB :-)

Joni Andaya said...

So Gorgeous Julia!!! Love the glitters :)

Stamping With Bibiana said...

UUUU! I love both of them, all that glitter and the simplicity at the same time. gorgeous cards
bibiana

Darnell said...

Wow, Julia, I love both of these! What fabulous ideas for layouts for that shimmery paper of which I have a bunch from the dawn of time! Bless you for these inspirations!! Hugs, Darnell

Deepti said...

These are so very stunning !! Love ur creativity, I am inspired :)

Jodene said...

Great cards and I love how you've used the stripes on the first one! Thanks for joining us for the Seize The Birthday Challenge :)