Thursday, March 13, 2014

Fusion Card Challenge - March 13th

It's Thursday once again - and time for another exciting Fusion Challenge!  I love to see how everyone is linking up every other week with their creative takes on the challenge -  I can't wait to see what you do with this!

When I started on the Design Team (just 5 short challenges ago!) I had the lofty goal of always doing the "Fusion" - combining the photo and sketch - but I'm finding that the photos often trigger something in my mind and I run with it!  Such was the workings of my brain for this challenge!
Ok - so how did I get here from there??!!  Well - here's the story.  At the same time period that I was trying to think of what to make for this challenge - I just happened to be looking through the Silhouette Store and these arrow boxes were on the front page as a new template in the store - and they were in green and yellow - and the light bulb flicked on!  Somehow, the flowers and stems in the photo became arrows in green and yellow!

And then I had lots of fun arranging them! Yes - these are actually balancing on each other!

The flower stamps are Funky Flowers from Waltzingmouse.  The Birthday sentiment is from Whole Lotta Happy from WPlus9.
Here's a view of the box open.  Each arrow measures ~7 3/4" h x 5 1/4" wide.
Here's a close up of the flower and sentiment -  AND I got to use some corduroy brads that I've had for several years that were just lounging around in my brad drawer!

How will you be inspired by this Fusion Challenge ??!!  I can't wait to see!
 I hope you'll check out the rest of the Design Team to see how they approached the challenge this week!





I'm also entering my project in 
the Addicted to Stamps and More Challenge - Anything goes.
Inky Impressions Challenge - Go Green 
Seize the Birthday -  topping - Stitching
 
Stamps:  Funky Flowers - Waltzingmouse, Whole Lotta Happy - WPlus9
Paper:  textured greens and yellow - Michaels, white, simply chartreuse - PTI
Ink:  Ranger Distress - Mowed Lawn, Mustard Seed, Archival Jet Black
Accessories:  Arrows template - Silhouette Store, Silhouette Cameo, 2" circle punch - Fiskars, lucky blend sequins - Avery Elle, Stitched Mat Rectangle dies - Lil' Inker Designs, pinked circles - Nestabilities, Cool Cord Brads - Nikki Sivils, foam dots, ScorTape. 

23 comments:

~amy~ said...

Super DUPER fun Julia!

Annette Allen said...

wow these are outstanding.. what a fun project..

Kelly Griglione said...

Oh my gosh, these are BOXES! I totally thought they were cards! Love, love the photo where they are all balancing together. And really enjoyed hearing how you arrived at your inspiration. So interesting! Great projects, Julia : )

Deborah Frings said...

I thought they were cards! I love the colours and the boxes are just fab! What a lovely way to give a birthday gift.

Mona Pendleton said...

Very neat projects Julia! I can't believe those are gift boxes!!! You are so creative! Thanks for the inspiration!

Lee-Anne said...

What a fun project, Julia...love those little boxes! Such fun hearing how you came up with these!

Anonymous said...

These are really cute!!!!!

Lyndal said...

Gorgeous treat boxes Julia!! Fabulous FUSION project :)

Cathy Weber said...

Once again I can always count on you for a very fun project for Fusion...always something different and so unique. Those boxes look so great, especially stacked on top of each other!

Deepti said...

Oh my goodness!! These boxes are awesome, I love how ur creative bulb flicked ;) love the arrangement n the photography too :)

Mary Marsh said...

this is such a creative inspired card Julia-I love the arrow boxes-hope all is well with you

Betty said...

Love all your arrow boxes, Julia. They are so cool. I have to try something like this :-). Hugs, Betty

Pat (mspfd) said...

Wow! These box are so fun, fresh and fabulous, Julia. Have a great weekend!

Kim Heggins said...

Just too cute...love those little arrow boxes!

wienerhoneymooners said...

WOWOWOWOWOWO Seriously COOOL, Julie, you ROCK it ALL the time!!!! Hugz Kimberly!

Laura Davis said...

Oh my goodness these are awesome!!
Laura

Katie Ann Brooks said...

These are fabulous and fun!

Anonymous said...

Hi Julia. These boxes are fabulous. Thanks for joining the fun at ATSM. Monika x

Angela said...

Wow Julia, these are so fantastic!

Danielle Vincent said...

These are terrific! What a fun idea and so perfect for all the challenges. Thanks for joining us this week at ATS&M.

Nancy said...

I love the colours and the boxes are just fab! What a great way to give a birthday gift. Very impressed! Thanks for playing along with us over at Seize the Birthday!

Anonymous said...

Well Im sorry I missed these arrow boxes on the Silhouette store and will be off in search of them as soon as I have commented here. What a clever take on the theme the gorgeous colors and fantastic stamping not to mention your wonderful balancing act has created such an amazing and eye catching project.

Marie

Macarena said...

Wow! This is a great project! I am really impressed. Great idea!
Thank you for joining us at Seize the Birthday!
Hugs, Marzena DT