Sunday, March 16, 2014

Grey on Gray

I have 2 cards to share today - both done in shades of grey (or gray if you prefer!).   I chose to use greys for the Cas-ual Fridays challenge.  
For my first card I used a stitched mat rectangle to cut the Soft Stone cardstock panel.  I stamped the sentiment and frame using Grey Grout and Pumice Stone inks and added some shimmery enamel dots. Greys are great for sympathy cards - so quiet, soft and comforting.
For my second card I used the Seize the Sketch for my design - and although I used all grays (and white) and it is CLEAN -  I'm not sure if it's CAS enough for the Cas-ual Friday challenge with all the layers.
I used my newly purchased Buttons Stack dies, a stitched mat circle, and chevron die along with some more of the shimmery gray enamel dots.

I love how both of these came out!

Praying for you
Stamps:  Boutique Borders Sympathy - PTI
Paper:  White, Soft Stone -PTI
Ink:  Grey Grout - Color Box (MFT), Ranger Distress Ink Pumice Stone
Accessories:  Stitched Mat Rectangle - Lil' Inker Designs, Enamel Dots - My Mind's Eye

Happy Birthday
Stamps:  Birthday Basics - PTI
Paper:  White, Soft Stone - PTI, Basic Grey - SU, textured grey - Coredinations, DP - Sn@p/Simple Stories
Ink:  Archival Onyx Black
Accessories:  enamel dots - My Mind's Eye, grey bakers twine, chevron die - MFT, foam tape, Stitched Mat Circle die - Lil'Inker Designs, button stack set die - PTI

15 comments:

~amy~ said...

These are both simply gorgeous! I love all the grays! Hope you're having a great weekend Julia!

Annette Allen said...

both of these are gorgeous.. always so inspiring..

Ardyth said...

Love the serenity of the first and the precision stamping on the second - the sentiment looks really cool on that chevron die! Thanks for joining us at CAS-ual Fridays!

Tracey McNeely said...

Julia I love your shades of gray! I see those PTI funky flowers. Thank you so much for sharing with us ta CAS-ual Fridays!

Stef Perry said...

Both cards are great! The first one seems appropriately muted for the sentiment and the second one has lots of terrific patterns, including that great chevron with the sentiment.

Mona Pendleton said...

Gorgeous cards Julia! Love the soft color palette! Hope you are having a great weekend!

alexandra s.m. said...

Absolutely beautiful and so elegant!
Thank You Julia ~

Anonymous said...

Simply beautiful!!! The shades of grays give these cards such elegance!!

Karin Åkesdotter said...

These are so classy and Beautiful Julia! As Always - LOVE your cards! Hugs, Karin

Pat (mspfd) said...

These are gorgeous creations. I'm a big fan of the gray on grey.

Queen Mary said...

I like them both Julia - I love monochromatic cards and I love grey on gray, I'm usually an autumnal gal, but grays to blacks get me, I even prefer the darker browns with grey in them. Here I prefer the second, I think though because my eyes are older and the shades in the first are more difficult for my eyes, I prefer the subtlety of the first for the purpose of the first.

Anonymous said...

Such an elegant set of cards, especially that first one Julia! Thanks for playing along with us at CAS-ual Fridays ;-)

Loll said...

Two beautiful "shades of gray" cards Julia. I love the soft and quiet color of gray and they work so perfectly with your designs. Awesome cards! Loll xx

Kim Heggins said...

Both of your cards are amazing!

donna mikasa said...

Wonderful cards, Julia! The first is so elegant and I love all the different dies you used on the second! Thanks so much for joining CASual Fridays!