Thursday, March 20, 2014

Greetings!

I'm so excited about my card today -  it's another one for Christmas (I'm really getting my stash built up for December!)  
I stamped the pine branch from Festive Foliage by Waltzingmouse on a white panel - then layered a piece of vellum over it.  I silver embossed snowflakes from Two Feet Deep by PTI on a white piece die cut with the stitched mat rectangle and stamped the sentiment along the bottom.  I used the gem brads to attach the panel to the vellum and the pinebranch panel.  I adhered it all to the card base with foam dots.
My design was inspired by the Festive Friday challenge.  I wanted to re-create the soft out-of-focus look of the branch in this photo - and I think I achieved it layering the vellum over the pine stampings on my card.
I'm going to be attending two workshops run by Wendy Vecchi on Friday and Saturday at Eclectic Paperie in Exeter, NH (the brick and mortar shop of the Eclectic Paperie Web site store!)
We're going to be learning how to use all kinds of Ranger Products at both workshops.
 and on Saturday it's Mixed Media Tag Art Journal
Wow -  I'm excited just looking at these samples!  I can't wait to get all inky.  I'll share some pictures soon!

Greetings:
Stamps:  Pine branches - Festive Foliage/Waltzingmouse, snowflakes & Greetings - Two Feet Deep/Papertrey Ink.
Paper:  White - PTI, Vellum - SU
Ink:  Versafine Onyx Black, Versamark, Ranger Distress Evergreen Bough
Accessories:  Stitched Mat Rectangld Die - Lil' Inker Designs, gem brads - American Crafts, silver embossing powder, heat gun.

16 comments:

~amy~ said...

Your card is beautiful..love the vellum overlay, so elegant.

ooohhhh...looks like a fab class...have FUN!

Ardyth said...

So pretty - love the big blue bling! Thanks for joining us at Festive Friday!

jdmommy - Anne Harmon said...

I so wish I was going with you!!! Next time you sign up for classes let me know!!! They really look like fun! I love your Christmas card today.......the vellum does give the soft look you were going for! Hugs, my friend!

Deepti Stephens said...

Your card is beautiful and the journal tag is stunning!! :)

Pauline said...

What a beautiful card Julia, so elegant and stunning

Annette Allen said...

wow those tags are amazing and your card totally gorgeous..

Kay Miller said...

Wow! This is one beautiful card! The pine stamped behind the vellum looks so soft and lovely! Thank so much for joining us at Festive Friday! :)

*Vicki* said...

This is so beautiful Julia!! Love the vellum overlay for such an elegant look! Enjoy the weekend my friend! ;)

Loll said...

Wow! Your card is amazing Julia. I love the softness you got from the vellum over your stamped pine branches - perfection! Loll xx

Kim Heggins said...

Oh my, this is just the perfect card for this inspiration photo! I love it.

Melinda said...

Hey, Julia! Good job with the vellum overlay! It is just perfect and gives the whole piece a great, soft look! 5 stars, kiddo! Melinda
Winter Bear Trading

wienerhoneymooners said...

Amazing and lovely!!! My FAVE....

Deepti said...

Oh my goodness ur card is super gorgeous !! I love it

Pat (mspfd) said...

This is beautiful! Lovely composition and colors.

Rebecca Luminarias said...

Such a pretty card, Julia! I love the way the vellum gives your branches a soft, filtered look. Thanks for playing along with Festive Friday!

Geri said...

Oh, my Julia…your card is just gorgeous!!! Love everything about it! Thanks so much for joining us at FF!!!