Monday, March 10, 2014

Waltzingmouse Pajama Party


Tonight I'm attending the Waltzingmouse Pajama Party are you joining in too!??  Claire announced the party on February 18th so if you saw that post you have had time to work on the 1st three challenges - if not - you can still join in but you have to work quickly!  Your cards have to be linked up over on the WMS blog within 24 hours - she will be disclosing the sketch challenge tonight and for that you have more time -  You'll find ALL the details on the WMS blog.

Challenge 1 -  To Die For -   use one of the Waltzingmouse Dies on your project
I used the brandy new Funky Flowers Die for my card.  I also used the Pin Stripe Mini stamp and sentiments from Half Pint Heroines.
I'm linking this card in the following challenges:



Addicted to Stamps and More - International Women's Day


Challenge 2 - St. Patrick's Day Charm -  make a vintage St. Patrick's Day project
I used one of Claire's Digital papers - Celtic Squares for the background panel of my card - I inked the edges with Bundled Sage ink.  I stamped her beautiful Celtic heart from the Celtic Heritage set three times to make a shamrock (I love how the pattern on the heart matches up so well!) and used her linear scrolly design for the stem.  The sentiment is from Irish Blessings.  I added a piece of pretty lacey ribbon on the edge and green sequins in the corner.
Challenge 3 -  What Would Mother Do -  To show something your mother would make on your card.
My mother always had little gardens around the borders of our back and side yards - and our house was filled with little vases and jars of the fragrant and colorful flowers that she grew.  She taught me the names of many flowers - both cultivated and wild - how to recognize the weeds from the plants (!) and instilled in me my love of growing and cutting blooms - which I continue at my own home. (thank you, mum!)

Here's my card - a jar of flowers in memory of my mum, Margaret, who passed in 2002 at the age of 89 after a long and happy life.   I die cut the jar out of vellum using a die from Jar Essentials Die set.  The flowers are from Funky Flowers, the stem from Simple Sprig.  I used the Mini Pinstripe Background and sentiments from Say It Loud. (I used two of the many small sentiments in the set - so they are whispering - not saying it loud!)
Here's a close up of the vellum jar - where you can hopefully see I stamped the jar outline from Candy Jar Christmas Fillers using a gray ink.  I wanted to give the vellum jar a little definition.
And finally -  here is the Bedtime Story Sketch
My eye got a little overloaded with the cross lines on the sketch (!) - so I decided to make one of them just a scoreline - I've come to realize that I don't like things too busy on my cards!  I die cut the waves and layered them on the white panel - stamping  AHOY along the base of the blue wave.  The stamps are all from Ocean Bound.  I popped up the ship circle on foam dots and then just added a scattering of blue sequins.
 
I used the Ocean Bound cut files Claire has in the WMS shop for the circle I stamped the ship scene on above, and the ships wheel that I put on the inside of my card - seen below.

There are prizes to be won so I hope you'll join us at the Pajama Party!
There was a Girl
Stamps:  Mini Pin Stripe Background, Half Pint Heroines - Waltzingmouse
Paper:  White, Dark Chocolate - PTI, Asparagas Green - Coredinations
Ink:  Adirondack Espresso
Accessories: Funky Flowers die - Waltzingmouse, white corduroy brad - Nikki Sivils.

Shamrock
Stamps:   Celtic Heritage, Irish Blessings - Waltzingmouse
Paper:  White - PTI, Celtic Squares Digital paper - Waltzingmouse
Ink:  Archival Jet Black, Ranger Distress Evergreen Bough, Bundled Sage
Accessories:  Lace - Ellen Hutson, Lucky Blend Sequins - Avery Elle, Glue N Seal - Ranger, ScorTape.

Thinking of You - A Bunch
Stamps:  Candy Jar Christmas Fillers, Min Pin Stripe Background, Simple Sprig, Funky Flowers, Say It Loud - Waltzingmouse
Paper:  White, Hibiscus Burst - PTI, Vellum - SU
Ink:  Grout Gray - Color Box, Memento Bamboo Leaves, Ranger Distress Picked Raspberry, Ripe Persimmon, Salty Ocean, Archival Jet Black.
Accessories:  jar die - Jar Essentials Die Set, enamel dots - My Mind's Eye, Vellum Glue Dots

Ahoy Sailor Boy
Stamps:  Ocean Bound - Waltzingmouse
Paper:  White, Blueberry Sky. Simply Chartreuse - PTI
Ink:  Ranger Distress Salty Ocean
Accessories:  Ocean Bound Cut Files - Waltzingmouse, Catch a Wave Die - MFT, Caribbean Blend Sequins - Avery Elle, Scor Pal, Scor Tape, foam dots.

21 comments:

Deborah Frings said...

Julia - what a lovely set of cards. I really like your CAS card using the funky flower dies - thanks so much for playing along with ASM this week!

Kylie said...

Your flowers are so pretty and I love your design! Thanks so much for playing along at ATSM xx

Lynn Mercurio said...

Fantastic, Julia. I adore your flower card...I forget how beautiful the die cuts are all on their own.

I love your shamrock creation. This is one of my all time favorite of Claire's sets because it was among her first.

Amazing job on all your projects today.

Deepti said...

Wow !! I did not know I was coming in for a card treat :) amazing creations, thank you for sharing with ATSM !

Greta said...

Your cards are all so creative! Lovely work!

Nancy Penir said...

Julia, I'm a big fan, so loving' the visit with all your lovelies! A favorite? Has to be the sketch card, FUN!

Jeanne J. said...

Wow Julia have you ever been busy! Great post with lots of different styles. I have been hiding from that Card Concept challenge with the lime and chocolate - you just nailed it. I love your St. Pats card with the bit of lace and vintage feel - and the nautical sketch card is so cute and unexpected. You rocked this Julia!

Kay Miller said...

What a fabulous array of loveliness! Your work is just wonderful! Thanks so much for joining us at The Card Concept! :)

Unknown said...

Wonderful cards! The vellum bouquet for your mom is beautiful and sweet - love the whispered sentiments :)

Leigh Penner said...

Eek, I forgot about the pyjama party!
Your cards all look fabulous, Julia! Great job with the challenges!

LaurieJ said...

Fantastic set of cards. You always have such beautiful ideas. The flower on your first card is fab - love the color scheme, too! And the little flowers on the third card are so sweet and happy. Love how you created the jar, adding depth with shading. And your last card is gorgeously CAS. Fresh is the word that comes to mind.

Pat (mspfd) said...

Fab selection of cards, Julia!

Unknown said...

What a lovely collection of cards. I adore the one you made for us! The sentiment is perfect and the flower is adorable :) Thanks so much for sharing with us this week at Addicted to Stamps and More, please join us again soon!!!

Shirley said...

Wow! What beautiful cards and I can almost see you with both hand working on two cards at a time and then to see such wonderful results! Each is so unique on its own too!

Kerin said...

Fabulous job on all the cards, but I love, love, love the sentiment on the "once upon a time" card!! Thanks for joining us this week at The Card Concept :)

Kary said...

Wow, Julia, all your projects are Beautiful!! I love the flower die-cuts. Can't choose a favourite though, all are terrific!

Jen W. said...

Wow you've been super busy! Such a gorgeous collection of cards! I especially love the sentiment and the fabulous brad on the first card. Thanks for playing along with CAS(E) This Sketch this week!

~amy~ said...

Tons of inspiration! Love them all Julia!

Carola said...

Wow, Julia, you have been very creative with all those pretty works for the Pajama Party. I could not say which one I like most - but I think I like most the card with that pretty funky flower. And I also very much like your card according to the sketch, it looks great.

Have a nice week-end!

Tanja said...

Thank you so much for joining us at KEEP IT SIMPLE! Green is one of my favorite colours and you used it really awsome. The flower is gorgeous.

Tenia Nelson said...

Awesome cards, Miss Lady!! Thanks for playing at KIS!!