Friday, March 14, 2014

You're A Good Egg

I'm continuing to work on my Easter cards that I need both to mail out and to sell at our church Easter Sale.
My first card is a clean and simple design -  I adhered strips of patterned paper to a white card stock panel - then cut it with a stitched mat rectangle die and layered it over a white card stock base - easy peasy!  And it looks so Easter/Springy with the pretty papers!  The only stamping on this is the Happy Easter from the Spring Baskets set by Waltzingmouse in the bottom corner.  Then I just added some coordinated colored sequins.
I used the sketch from this week's Waltzingmouse Fanatics challenge.
My second card is a little more involved - with a patterned paper panel, a tag and some layered stampings.  The stamps are from A Good Egg by Waltzingmouse.  I used the cut files for this set to stamp the egg and banner on.  I cut the tag with Tag Sale #5 die from PTI
For my card design I used the Freshly Made Sketch

I chose my colors from the Color Throwdown challenge

Happy Easter
Stamps:  Spring Baskets - Waltzingmouse
Paper:  white, DP Textstyle Egg Hunt - PTI
Ink:  Versafine Onyx Black
Accessories:  stitched mat rectangle die - Lil' Inker Designs, sequins - Neat and Tangled.

You're a Good Egg
Stamps:  A Good Egg - Waltzingmouse
Paper:  white, DP Textstyle Egg Hunt - PTI, Tangerine Tango - SU
Ink:  Certainly Celery, Tangerine Tango, Going Grey - SU
Accessories:  A Good Egg Cut Files - Waltzingmouse, foam dots, Mandarin and Honeydew Bakers Twine - The Twinery, Tag Sale #5 die - PTI, enamel dots - My Minds Eye.

17 comments:

Deepti said...

Oh my goodness ur Easter cards are so amazing!! Love the perfect mix of pattern papers n the artsy egg on ur second card :)

Cindy Hall said...

Both cards are so beautiful! Love the choices of patterns on the first card, and the colors are great on the second! Both very happy Easter cards! Thanks for sharing with us at Freshly Made Sketches!

LeAnne said...

These are both lovely, Julia! I have admired both of those WM sets, they are so sweet!

Patti J said...

Both cards are wonderful, Julia! Thanks for the inspiration :)

Ellen Taylor said...

Fabulous take on both sketches Julia!! Love the papers and the sequins on the first and the colors on the second! Fabulous cards!!

Deborah Frings said...

I think both your Easter cards are just lovely! The row of tiny Easter eggs are super. Thanks so much for playing along with Waltzingmouse Fanatics this week!

Sue from Oregon said...

Perfectly adorable!!!

dpkennedy said...

These are both so springy and pretty! Very nice!

Wanda Cullen said...

Gorgeous spring creations! Especially love the tag as the focal point! So happy to see you in the CTD gallery again!

Linda Callahan said...

Such pretty spring cards!

Vickie Z said...

Love both of these Julia... My FAV is the CTd card....that egge and use of the colors/layout is perfect!! Totally didn't get my cards for the PJ party up in time...babysitting....yikes it's been a long time!! This for playing at CTD!

~amy~ said...

Super pretty Easter cards Julia, love them both!

Cindy Lovell said...

These are both so pretty!! I love the papers and colors!! Thank you for joining us at FMS!!!

Lori said...

Great cards! Love the spring colors and images on both. Thanks for joining us for this week's Color Throwdown!

Anonymous said...

These are such adorable cards!!! I'm so glad I found your blog, Julia!

Tara Cardwell said...

Great cards Julia - I love how our simple sketch inspired you. Thanks for continuing to support the Fanatics challenge.
Tara
Waltzingmouse Fanatics

Monika/Buzsy said...

Super cute card Julia. Love the sweet images on both cards. The tag looks great on the second one. Thank you for playing along with us at The Color Throwdown.