Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Creations by AR March Template - Carrot Patch


Welcome to the Creations by AR March Template Release DT Blog Hop!  Just in time for spring -  Adela has two lovely Templates for us - First is this adorable Carrot Patch Treat Box to help decorate our tables or give to the kidlettes in our families for all of our Easter/Spring celebrations!
I've got lots of pictures to share - so let's just get to it!
I cut 2 of the sign and sign post templates out of the patterned paper and one out of card stock so I could layer them together allowing me to decorate the front and back of the sign.  I used the card stock in the middle to give the sign more sturdiness.  My wood grain paper is a digital paper that I won on a blog challenge.
The stamps I used are from Waltzingmouse -
 Vintage Garden Seed Packet, Spring Baskets and A Good Egg.
The dotted patterned papers are from PTI
Here you can see where the carrots fit in.  You could remove the inside piece and fill the basket with a little stuffed animal, more candy or a little toy!  You can fill the carrots with candies then tie them up at the top.
I just love the little Lindt bunnies and chicks that come out each year at Easter time.  They are a great accent for my little Carrot Patch don't you think?!  I think the bunnies smell the carrots and want some!!
 The finished size of these sweet Spring decoration is 4.25" w X 3.38" h

And Adela's 2nd template is this lovely Standing Cross - that is perfect for Easter, as I have decorated it, or First Holy Communions, Baptisms - any religious celebration!  This cross is a box that opens so you could put a gift or treat inside.
I made my cross out of Elegant Eggplant card stock, using Sahara Sand for the base and the banner.  I decorated my cross with  flowers I had in my stash.   I die cut some grass out of green tissue paper - adhering two staggered layers of it around the base using ScorTape.
I decorated the back of the box in case I decided to use this as a centerpiece with people sitting on both sides of the table!
Here is the box opened and out of the base.
The Standing Cross Box measures 4.5" w x 8" h x 2.5" d


All of Adela's templates come as PDF files for printing and hand cutting, and SVG files for use with cutting machines like Silhouette Cameo - which is what I use.

And, of course,  we have a PRIZE to be won today!   One lucky commenter will win their choice of  the   Carrot Patch:  or the Standing Cross.

HOW TO QUALIFY TO WIN:
Leave comments
• On each of the Design Teams'  blogs linked below
and/or On the Creations by AR FaceBook page:

Comments accepted until Friday, March 14, 12:00 noon Eastern
One random winner will be announced March 15 at these two locations:
Creations by AR FaceBook page
Creations by AR Website:
 here are the links to the Design Team

* Adela:
* Doris
* Jak:
*Julia: Me!
*Lisa E:
* Lisa S: 
 *Lori:
*Lyn:
 *Monica:
*Patti
* Sue
 *Tina:

Carrot Patch
Stamps:  Vintage Seed Packet, Spring Baskets, A Good Egg - Waltzingmouse
Paper:  Green Bazzill basics, DP Text Style Distressed Dots - PTI, Woodgrain Digital Paper - Brown Grunce Texture/All About Scrapping Etsy Shop.
Ink:  Archival Jet Black
Accessories:  Twine, glue dots, Scortape, Carrot Patch Template - Creations by AR, Silhouette Cameo, enamel dots - My Mind's Eye and Michaels. 

Standing Cross
Stamps:  Everlasting Life set and Happy Easter single stamp - Verve
Paper:  Elegant Eggplant, Sahara Sand - SU, green tissue paper.
Ink:  Versafine Imperial Purple
Accessories:  flowers - Marcella by K, grass die - MFT, Stitched Mat Rectangle die - Lil'Inker Designs, foam dots.

31 comments:

Carmsey said...

Beautiful, love the colours chosen!

pb said...

The carrot patch is wonderful and I love the cross the color are awesome

~ Jo ~ said...

Oh I love your projects! So cute and that cross is beautiful!
Hugs,
Jo
♥ Shop 3 Twenty Crafts Stamps ♥
♥ Jo's Scrap Shack ♥

Lyn B said...

Love the woodgrain and polka dot papers on the planter! Beautiful cross creation too!

Lisa Somerville said...

The woodgrain papers were just perfect for your Carrot Patch box! The Standing Cross is beautifully embellished!

Judy Taylor said...

Awesome thanks for sharing

Moments by Marla said...

Love both projects!!!! Thank you for the wonderful inspiration.

Lori said...

Love your take on the carrot patch - done up like this would be perfect for a Summer garden party as well! And I think your color choice on the cross looks great.

Lolis said...

I love what you did with the templates! Great choice of papers and colors .

lisa808 said...

I really like the woodgrain look of your carrot patch and the added goodies in the planter. Very pretty embellishing on the cross.

Doris E said...

Amazing projects, love the polka dots carrots!!

disneylisa said...

The basket looks so real. Great job.

Moni said...

Love your project, so colorful. Those chocolate bunnies are yummy.

Anonymous said...

what fun gift ideas, I just adore the little carrot patch!

Pat (mspfd) said...

You never cease to amaze me with your 3-D creations! Beautiful work.

Nana Griffin said...

Yummy! What a great basket. Nice work on the cross too.

Unknown said...

Great projects. I absolutely love that carrot patch.

Shirley said...

OMGosh, Julia! Talk about creative! Love them both!

Miriam Prantner said...

These are wonderful! Not only adorable ways to give treats, but they make a great display at home, love them!

Mona Pendleton said...

Wow Julia! Your projects are incredibly detailed and fabulous! I love the sweet basket and the elegant cross! I'm so inspired! Thank you!

Deepti said...

These are super amazing projects, I just love the details on each one :)Kids would love these as much as we do :)

Patti J said...

Hi Julia! Love your sweet Carrot Patch! I'm a sucker for polka dots :) The cross is beautiful, and I can't wait to give it a try! Thanks for sharing..... hugs!

Sue D said...

Very cute carrot patch--I like the polka dots. The flowers are pretty on the cross.

Annette Allen said...

wow totally amazing.. love your creativity..

Connie said...

Cute!!

Joni Andaya said...

How FUN is this!!! Fabulous projects Julia! Love <3

~amy~ said...

amazing, love your projects!

Misty Morgan said...

Love the woodgrain paper for your carrot patch and the carrots are darling in polka dots. Great job! Beautiful cross box!Thanks for sharing!

Kelly Griglione said...

Oh my gosh, could your projects be any cuter??! LOVED the carrots. I'm really interested in the cross. At our church I host a Lenten dinner and the midnight snack at Easter Vigil and this may be my next table centerpieces! Thanks for sharing!

Kim Heggins said...

fabulous bunch of carrots...I love them!

Sue from Oregon said...

These projects are super cute! After seeing your pics I realized I had bought a big ole choccy bunny for my pics and totally forgot...maybe I need to eat it now LOL! Your colorful projects are wonderful!