Thursday, December 23, 2010

Fill this Day with Joy

What a relief! Last Friday's Free 4 All challenge on Split Coast was to make a birthday card - no holiday cards allowed!

I pulled out my long neglected Everyday Button Bits set by PTI and made a fun little hot air balloon scene. I seem to be on a roll of dry embossing frames with my nesties lately. I just love this look!

I masked the edges of my scene with Eclipse tape after stamping the landscape and balloons and then sponged in the sky.

The image panel is up on foam tape. I thought this sentiment would be quite uplifting for the birthday girl/boy! Inside I stamped 'sending birthday wishes' from the same stamp set.

If you are new to my blog, you can see my tutorial on how I dry embossed my frame on this blog post.

If you celebrate - I hope your preparations are now all complete and you are enjoying the blessedness as we celebrate the gift of Jesus' birth!

ETA: check out the PSA Stamp Camp blog for some holiday table creations I made.

Stamps: Everyday Button Bits - Papertrey Ink
Paper: white - PTI
Ink: Memento - tuxedo black, desert sand, rich cocoa, potters clay, Ranger Distress - Peeled paint, weathered wood
Accessories: square nestabilities, vintage buttons & narrow silk ribbon - PTI, Eclipse tape (for masking), glue dots, blender tool - Ranger,

10 comments:

Mona Pendleton said...

What a sweet card Julia! The embossed frame looks awesome! Happy Holidays :)

velta said...

Again...just elegant Julia! You have inspired me throughout this year and I want to give your many thanks !

Happy Holidays to you and yours in the most sincerest ways!

A Consuming Passion said...

Oh so pretty Julia .....love the use of buttons and the embossed frame!!!!! Happy Christmas to you and yours!

Mary Marsh said...

this is such a cute card julia-love the buttons on the hot air balloons-merry christmas my friend

Pauline said...

Lovely scene Julia, the dry embossing is a technique I haven't tried yet. Merry Christmas to you and your family, and a Happy New Year xx

Peggy said...

Beautifully done! I love the dry embossing and that set is one of my favorites!

Pat (mspfd) said...

This is so pretty! Love all the embossing and your wonderful button bits scene.

I hope you and your family have a wonderful Christmas, Julia.

Edna Morrisedie said...

Perfect scene Julia, love how this turned out!

Colleen Dietrich said...

Love the CASness of this, and those famous frames of yours! Good job sponging the sky and creating a fabulous trio of hot air balloons.

Susan said...

what creativity, Julia, I simply adore that card!