Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Wear Your Best Dress!

Hello dear stampers! I made this card for Saturday's Inspiration Challenge over at Split Coast. Stephanie linked us to the Shabby Apple - a wonderful women's clothing shop.

I've been wanting to try making pleated ribbon on a card so I chose this pretty Ming Dress to inspire my card.
To pleat my ribbon I laid a strip of Scor Tape along the bottom of my panel. Then I laid the silk ribbon along it folding it as I went. I sewed along the top to flatten it down and hold the pleats and attached my patterned paper over the stitching. How do you pleat your ribbon on a card??
I used PTI dies for my felt flower and cut the sentiment with a square Nestability. I sponged them both with Antique Linen ink.

The fun teaparty stamp is from Afternoon Tea Sentiments by Waltzingmouse Stamps


Today is Day 10 of Waltzingmouse Christmas and Laurie has something to inspire us - Thursday you'll want to check out what Mona will be posting for Day 11 and Friday Joan will wrap it up on day 12!


ETA: Libby has started a Monday Inspiration Challenge over at PSA Essentials - check it out!

Stamps: Waltzingmouse Stamps - Afternoon Tea Sentiments
Paper: White, Text Style Black & White Basics - PTI
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Ranger Distress Antique Linen
Accessories: glue dot, foam tape, scor tape, sewing machine, silk ribbon - Stamp Simply Ribbon Shop, large brad - American Crafts, cropadile, ZVA self adhesive pearls, white felt - Michaels, beautiful blooms II #1 flower die - PTI, square nestabilities, blender tool & nonstick craft mat

13 comments:

Peggy said...

I think all of us Paper Dolls need to have a Tea Party just so you can send out these GORGEOUS invites to everyone!!
Your ruffled ribbon is wonderfully done!

~amy~ said...

Sooooo pretty Julia!!! Love the stacked felt flowers! Thanks for the perfect card via happy mail...I'm so late with mine this year:(

Painter said...

Pretty card!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh so gorgeous hun!! Such an elegant card!! I love your details on this!! TFS! HUGS

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Oh how elegant Julia!! I just love the ruffle and your black and white!! Stunning layout and design!!

Lynn Mercurio said...

This is so beautifully elegant. Such a joy for the eye to behold!

Dee in N.H. said...

Sooo pretty and I just love that sentiment...

Sharli Schaitberger said...

Hi Julia! What a pretty card - and you made the ruffle the same way I've been making them! It's so easy and such a pretty look!
Hugs!

Velta said...

Hello Julia ~ I have checked out your last few posts...geez, you are such an inspiration for me...you have such style and grace in your art work...TFS!!

Betty Wright said...

Rich and fabulous and beautifully girly with the swirls of pearls, Julia! Awesome in ivory and black! Love the layered felt flower, too!

Riet said...

What a gorgeous card Julia.

Hugs Riet.x

Curt in Indy said...

Awesome card Julia! I love the black and white elegance. And your ribbon pleating is awesome. I've been wanting to try that and always forget about it. You have inspired me! Best, Curt

Pat (mspfd) said...

Gorgeous card, Julia. Love the black and white and your elegant pleated ribbon. Awesome creation.