Sunday, December 26, 2010

Baby Mine

What to give a little munchkin like this for his very first Christmas?? Well - his Grandaunt Julia (that would be me!) decided to make him a little coaster photobook for his mum Katie (my niece) and his dad, Greg, to document his first year.

I used 13 light weight coasters for my book as well as my Bind it All with 1 1/4" O wires. I used Little Prince Stickers by Karen Foster Design as well as some puffy stickers by Michaels - all purchased at Michaels. I created 'Landon's 1st year' with my Brothers P Touch Label Maker.

Each page is for Katie and Greg to document that month in Landon's life with a picture from that month and a few sentences about what he did new that month. The sticker on this page says "Bundle of Joy".
I cut the lined patterned paper (Cosmo Cricket/Boyfriend/Homework) with my Labels One Nestability. The stamps for the month circle are from Papertrey Ink (Borders & Corners Monogram Edition and Simple Alphabet)

These great little boy papers are from Itsy Bitsy Paper pad by K & Company that I got at Michaels with a 20% off coupon! It has patterns on the front and back of each sheet so it gives you a lot of variety. The sticker on this page says "The Cutest Little Baby Face".

I cut the papers 4"x 4" and used my corner rounder punch on all corners then adhered the papers to the front and back of each coaster. The sticker here says 'Heaven Sent'

As I created each page - I'd flip the coaster up to be sure I was placing things right side up when the book was put together - and to be sure that the papers had coordinating colors. You also don't want to have stickers too near the area where you will punch with the Bind It All. In my case - I made sure the lined paper panel was not too close to the bottom of the coaster.

This sticker says "little ears, little nose, little fingers, little toes"
Landon has several toys and outfits with monkeys on them so these puffy stickers were perfect!
This sticker says "Thank Heaven for Little Boys"



And on the last page - I used special 1st Birthday patterned papers with numbers and balloons from Basic Grey Cupcake Paper pad. The Happy First Birthday stamp is from Bitty Baby Blessings from Papertrey Ink

I knotted several coordinating ribbons (Papertrey & Stampin Up) on the wires. Finally, on the back cover I wrote a personal note to Landon - so he'd always remember that I made this book especially for him for his very First Christmas!

A final picture - taken on Christmas Day - with an exhausted Landon sleeping peacefully in his Uncle Nate's arms (Nate and my niece Christie (Katie's older sister) are expecting their first baby in June so he's practicing - and doing a great job as you can see!)
That's DH Kent to his right - and check out the white mug on the table - it has a picture of Landon on it! I had them made through Snapfish and gave one to each of my nieces as well as my sister (and myself of course!).

Well- thanks for sticking with me to the end of this long post! I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas and were able to relax today!
If you are interested - you will find another baby coaster book I made last year on this post here.
It has been flurrying here all day and it has just started snowing in earnest with quite a wind. They are predicting up to 20 inches by tomorrow night! I'm so glad I'm still out on medical leave so I don't have to try and commute tomorrow. I think I'll do some stamping!
Public Service announcement! Rubbernecker is having a sale!! Stamps will be on sale from 12/26/10 - 1/2/11 and other products are on sale for 2 days 12/26 - 12/28 so hurry over and check it out!

22 comments:

Vicki Dutcher said...

Once again - FAB.U.LOUS BC project! How fun for mom to fill up and Landon to see when he gets older! Great gift! He is adorable!

Dee in N.H. said...

That is just plain AWESOME! What a cool gift, one that will be treasured always!
My DH is out hunkering down for the storm. I'm not looking forward to my morning drive......blech!

Kathy Martin said...

Perfectly adorable gift!

~amy~ said...

a-dorable...both the baby and the photo book...such a wonderful keepsake!

Wanda Cullen said...

Wowzers! What an amazing coaster book! Such a special gift for a gorgeous little bundle of joy!

Sharli Schaitberger said...

Julia,
This is a wonderful gift - from the heart! Your album is darling - just right!!

Hugs!

Anonymous said...

Marcia emailed me to check out your gift and I'm sure glad she did. That book is just adorable. Landon is lucky to have such a talented greatauntie.
Beth Klein

Joanne (jojot) said...

memories are the best gift of all....fab project

Marilyn (stampwithMJ) said...

Beautiful baby and super project!

Bev J. said...

What a cute project-I am sure they loved it.

Anonymous said...

Oh wow Julia, this is just precious!! I love your idea of this book!! I'm sure they loved it!! Darling papers!! :) Hope you all had a lovely Christmas!!HUGS

Deborah Frings said...

Julia - what a thoughtful and useful present!! I love it! It's something that will be loved always. Great picture on Christmas day.

He's a very lovely baby!

Take care.

Julie said...

This is such an adorable little baby book! I love it! What a very thoughtful gift and keepsake for an adorable little boy!

Joan Ervin said...

This is jsut precious, Julia, and perfect for sweet little Landon!!! Hope all is well with you...saw the pictures of all the snow and had to say a little prayer for all my friends in the storms path...stay safe and warm!!!

Velta said...

What a Beautiful and Thoughtful gift Julia!!! I am sure it will be appreciated many years to come!

Edna Morrisedie said...

Fabbo job with the book, WOW!!

And I love the pic of L in the hat, very cool!

Cindy Haffner said...

Ohhhh so FUN and SWEET!

Lynn McAuley said...

What a delightful gift for saving those treasured first year memories!!Beautiful work, Julia!

Bev Gerard said...

Oh
So
Precious! This is a darling gift for new parents to use & treasure. What a special Auntie you are!

~Bev

Colleen Dietrich said...

Well, now, that is one very cherished baby boy! Mugs and cuddles and a beautiful hand made photo book -- what a lucky little guy!

Susan said...

The baby book is oh so cool, Julia and with lots of places to document his growth. I just love little projects like this. And your photos are great.

Love the mugs...you are such a thoughtful Grandauntie

Mary Marsh said...

the photobook is beautiful julia-I am going to have to put one together for my new dgd phopenix daisy-we go out(San Francisco) to visit next week for 4 days