Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Two Ways to Package the Cash!

I always give my son and his girlfriend money for Christmas along with other smaller presents so they are able to get something they really want - that will fit - etc! This year I just gave them cash so they wouldn't even have to go to the bank to cash a check (my son sometimes forgets to cash a check for a while!) but I wanted to dress it up a little bit rather than just tuck it in an envelope....

So - for April - who loves purple - I made this cute little purse using a die from Papertrey Ink. I stamped the sentiment from Compliments of the Season by Waltzingmouse and then die cut it using Fancy Tags from Spellbinders - cutting off the left edge where I put my hand made felt flower. Then I just tied a piece of wrinkled seam tape around the handle as well as the roll of cash - which I then tucked inside the 'purse'!

For Josh I wanted a masculine look -so I used paper from Cosmo Cricket Wanted/Slim Jim. I cut two panels using the Top Note from Stampin Up, then I cut one in half and layered it over the full cut. I used Scor Tape on two sides and the bottom to hold it securely - then just stapled it to 'guy' it up!
I stamped the sentiment - again from Compliments of the Season from Waltzingmouse - and die cut it with Labels Sixteen Nestabilities. I adhered that to the bottom half. Then I added a jumbo brad and looped a piece of ribbon through tying it with twine.
I put a metal clip on the bills to hold them together and tucked them into the gift card! April always appreciates my special packaging - she will put this on her desk at work or on a shelf at home.

Thanks so much for stopping by today!
Purse:
Stamps: Waltzingmouse - Compliments of the Season
Paper: Vintage Cream - PTI, DP My Minds Eye 29th St Market
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Ranger Distress Milled Lavender
Accessories: Favor it Box 1 - Papertrey Ink, Fancy Tags - Spellbinders, Felt & sticky pearls - Michaels, Scotch Quick Dry Adhesive, wrinkled seam tape - http://www.prairiebirdboutique.etsy.com
Top Note:
Stamps: Waltzingmouse - Compliments of the Season
Paper: Creamy Caramel - SU, DP Cosmo Cricket/Wanted/Slim Jim
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Ranger Distress - Tea Dye
Accessories: Labels 16 Nestabilities, Top Note Die, Jumbo Eyelets, & Ribbon Originals Alpine - Stampin Up, Twine - PTI, friend metal clip - Making Memories, Staples - Close to my Heart.

21 comments:

Anonymous said...

Julia, these are so gorgeous!! I love your ideas for gifting cash!! TFS! HUGS

Betty Wright said...

These are fabulous, Julia! Great ideas and look! I really love the more girly design with the tote and money roll. The other totally nails masculine. Both are awesome money giving options!

Wendy ten Hove said...

Hi Julia,

Very nice! Love these ways to pakcage money in a lot nicer way!!

Hugs, Wendy

~amy~ said...

GREAT giftie ideas Julia!

Deborah Frings said...

I think these are really great ways of dressing up the cash!! I have a son who'd love to get cash - but I always think it's just dull to get it in an envelope. I love the way you've made two distinct styles - masculine and feminine! Great!

Heidi said...

Julia both packages are gorgeous! I'm sure they both love them!

Riet said...

This is so beautiful Julia.

Hugs Riet.x

Dee in N.H. said...

Those are both great! I give DS cash too but never (yet) in a great package like that!

Wanda Cullen said...

Love both of your ideas to 'dress up' a cash gift! Especially love the purple purse! :-)

Joanne (jojot) said...

You always have such wonderful packaging ideas to share....thanks so much for being the creative person you are...

Mary Marsh said...

I love both of these money holders julia-the tote for april was awesome and thoughtful of you to use her fave color-josh's holder is such a great masculine look-wonderful idea-thanks for sharing with us

Mara Campbell said...

Great job with those money holders!! I bet they were appreciated!

Bev Gerard said...

An outstanding masculine & feminine approach to money gifts, Ms. Julia! Wowza! I know they must have been delighted with these unique prezzies from such a creatie Mom!

Happy New Year!
~Bev

Alice said...

wonderful money holders. thanks for the inspiration, Julia! hope you had a wonderful Christmas!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Oh wow, what cute and brilliant ideas you have there! Thanks for sharing!

Marilyn (stampwithMJ) said...

Great ideas! I am always stumped on how to dress up the green gifts.

Colleen Dietrich said...

Well, now I feel like a schlump for tucking all *my* gift card gifts in old American Girl boxes!! LOL! These two holders are as nice as the gifts you put in them. :)

velta said...

Happy Holidays Julia!!! I Love this idea!! In fact just this morning I was thinking of making gift cards for my DD and SIL...we have all been sick with a stomach virus and so they have not been over to open presents yet...thanks for another GREAT and fast idea!!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Totally love the rolled up $$ with the little purse! AWESOME project again my friend!!

Emily (stampingout on SCS) said...

Fabulous way to package "cash", Julia! Money never looked so beautiful! ;)

Susan said...

I am sure these were well received, Julia and very thoughtful...love the CC paper. That was the first papers I used when I began paper crafting.

Happy New Year