Thursday, December 30, 2010

A Blessing and a Thank You!

Hello dear friends! Today I have two cards to share that I made for challenges over on Split Coast this week.

The first was for the color challenge - to use old olive, night of navy and daffodil. I kind of blended the required colors by sponging inks over my image panel.

I just love this Irish Cottage stamp don't you? My images are from the Irish Blessings set by Waltzingmouse Stamps . I will use this as a birthday card - I need several for friends with birthdays in January! I think it will work well for either a guy or a girl birthday.

Stamps: Waltzingmouse - Irish Blessing
Paper: white - PTI, Night of Navy & Barely Banana - SU
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Ranger Distress - Weathered wood, faded jeans, scattered straw, bundled sage & Crushed Olive
Accessories: brads - Basic Grey, blending tool & nonstick craft mat - Ranger, Copics - E13


My second card was made for the Inspiration Challenge which was a great website of the art of record album covers called Project Thirty Three (are you old enough to remember record albums?! LOL!!) - I was inspired by this fun graphic album cover I used my Classic Inverted Scalloped square nestabilities and punched circles to adhere over it. Then I just added my sentiment from the WMS set Asian Gardens- easy peasy! And we'll all be needing Thank You cards after Christmas right?! You could make a dozen of these really quickly!
Stamps: Waltzingmouse - Asian Gardens
Paper: Vintage Cream - PTI, Black - SU
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Accessories: circle punch - SU, Classic Inverted Scalloped Square Nestabilities,

13 comments:

Dee in N.H. said...

Love your cards! The Irish Blessing set is on my wish list. And I sure do remember records, hate to admit how many I still have. LOL!

Anonymous said...

Very pretty creations Julia!! Love the colors on the top card!! TFS! HUGS

Riet said...

What a gorgeous cards Julia.

Happy New Year.
Hugs Riet.x

jdmommy - Anne Harmon said...

That punched black card is wonderful! Truly inspired! Love the Irish sentiment.....hope it applies to us both!! Happy New Year to you and Kent! Hope we can get together soon!!!!!

Francie G. said...

Love the Irish Blessing, Julia! Wonderful shading and colors! You really nailed the black and white inspiration card! Happy New Year!

Joanne Leddy said...

That cottage is so sweet ... It looks like a place I'd love to visit! Your color technique is amazing! The second project is just as incredible. How clever of you to create that image - wow! Thanks for sharing your talents with us!

Wanda Cullen said...

Oh, yes...I certainly do remember records! Your cards are both unique, but especially love the shaded colors you sponged on the BG!

Deborah Frings said...

They couldn't be more different!!! I love the little cottage; such a pretty card. As for the graphic card - it's fab!!

Wishing you a very Happy New Year.

Bev J. said...

Love the cottage card and what a great card for your inspiration-good job.

Happy New Year!!

Susan said...

Love, love the album cover artful card, Julia! And of course, I remember those old LP's. Just yesterday I saw a young man with a stack of the old records in his cart (at Goodwill).

The Irish Blessing card is a great look.

Happy New Year my friend. I trust you are well rested and ready for back to work.

Marilyn (stampwithMJ) said...

Great cards,Julia! Your blending on the first card is over the top gorgeous!

Alice said...

wonderful cards! love the pretty background colors on your first one. Happy New Year to you and yours!

Pat (mspfd) said...

Lovely cards, Julia! Especially love the black and white. Happy New Year to you!