Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Holiday Hugs

My card today is for the Split Coast Tuesday Teapot challenge as well as the 300th Color challenge!

For the color challenge we were to pick any of the past color combinations. I chose CC11 which was more mustard, mellow moss and brocade blue. My dessert option is to use dry embossing on my card. I used the Tim Holtz Bricked folder for my background.

For the Tuesday Teapot challenge Cindy had some wonderfully decorated teapot cookies to inspire us. My card will be going postal to Canada this week to Felicia who will be spending her first Christmas without her husband who passed away this year.

Don't forget to check out the Waltzingmouse 12 Days of Christmas through 12/17/10. Today my dear friend Anya has a lovely home decor project to show you! And Wednesday Lisa will have something to share.

ETA: You'll also want to check out the PSA Blog for some fun ornament ideas!

Stamps: Waltzingmouse - sentiment/Oven Fresh, Holly/Bountiful Basket Additions, Papertrey Ink: Tea for Two, Tea for Two Additions
Paper: White - PTI, More Mustard - SU, Blue Bazzill
Ink: Brocade Blue - SU, Memento Tuxedo Black, Versamark
Accessories: dies - teacup, label, teapot/PTI, white gel pen, Sizzix Bricked embossing folder, copics: YG63, R35, foam dimensionals

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Such a lovely tea set!! I really ADORE that embossed background!! SO COOL!

Dee in N.H. said...

Your tea set is really pretty, I really like the background you used.

Joan Ervin said...

This is sooo pretty, Julia....the tea set is one of my faves and the brick wall adds just the perfect amount of texture!!!

Kathy Martin said...

Sweet card! :)

Peggy said...

Adorable card Julia! Love the tea set!

Betty Wright said...

This is fantastic, Julia! It is times like this that I think I need that tea set! I do have the cup die cut, though! Fabulous card and design!

Mary Marsh said...

this is such a sweet card julia-love the images and you chose a great color combo

Trude Julie said...

I really, really like this card, its so nice it gives a warm and fuzzy feeling (perhaps it's memories of nice cups of tea with great friends)

Bev J. said...

Love that pretty teapot-just one of my many collections! Pretty card!

Riet said...

What a gorgeous card Julia.

Hugs Riet.x