Saturday, December 11, 2010

Saturday Waltzingmouse Sketch - For My Teacher

Can you believe it's Saturday again and time for another inspiring Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge!

Today I made a gift card/tag for teacher and I flipped the sketch. When I saw this design I immediately thought of this holly ornament in the Around Christmastime set
After I colored the ornament with my Copics I thought it looked like a lovely Figgy Pudding! I added gold sticky pearls to the DP as well as the ornament. The sentiment is from Frame It and the little holly is from Bountiful Basket Additions. The ornament and sentiment are popped up on foam tape.
So come along and join us in the sketch challenge this week - you don't have to use Waltzingmouse Stamps but if you have some please do!

Check out the WMS Sketch Blog and get inspired by the cards the Mischief Makers and other DT members have created using this week's sketch.

Then make your own card using the sketch and link it on the Sketch Blog by Thursday 12/16/10 at 11:59 pm EST - you could be chosen Top Mouse next week!! Winners are announced each Saturday along with the new sketch challenge.
And don't forget the Waltzingmouse 12 Days of Christmas! Bonnie is up today and Lynn will have an inspiration for us on Sunday!

ETA: Check out the PSA Essentials blog - Libby is giving away a free PSA stamp set to a lucky commenter!!

Stamps: Waltzingmouse - Around Christmastime, Frame It, Bountiful Basket Additions.
Paper: White - PTI, designer paper - Basic Grey Wassail/Greetings & Falling Snow
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Accessories: white gel pen, Copics: R59, R229, RV11, E34, YG63, BG99, Trio labels - Spell binders, foam tape, rhinestone stickers - Michaels

16 comments:

Susan said...

love that different sketch and how you used it today. Great papers, Julia.

And hope you are treating yourself with care and love, gentleness

Deborah Frings said...

Julia - great card. I'm sure the teacher will love it.

Sharli Schaitberger said...

Beautiful!!! I love that you changed it up slightly - great card!

Anonymous said...

So beautiful!! Love those yummy papers and I'm sure the teacher will enjoy it!! HUGS

jdmommy - Anne Harmon said...

Looks like food to me too!! Or is my diet driving me crazy??? Hope you are getting stronger day by day. Hugs.

Riet said...

What a gorgeous card Julia.

Hugs Riet.x

Joanne (jojot) said...

fab card....great use of the sketch....and I too hope you are feeling stronger daily

Alice said...

this is so pretty!

velta said...

Hi Julia ~ Sorry I have not posted in so long...work and the holidays have taken a toll on me...I made handmade gifts for all of my friends and family and because of that I have not had the time to post on my blog or to visit. Your last 5 posts are perfectly lovely, as always. TFS!!!

Mona Pendleton said...

Beautiful card Julia! I can taste the figgy pudding :) Lovin' all the little jewels!

Lynn Mercurio said...

Oh Julia...this is so divine. I love the colors you used and how well they work with this great design. Well done, my friend.

Joan Ervin said...

What a beautiful Christmas card, Julia....love your tke on the sketch and what gorgeous colors and papers!!!

Cathleen said...

Oh how pretty, love the sketch and pretty colors and DP!

Basslady said...

a fantastic christmas card!

hugs and kisses from germany,
silvi xoxo

Laura (scrapnextras) said...

Love the ornament and the papers you paired it with! Beautiful "personalized" Christmas card!

Peggy said...

Super cute! Love all the different DP!