Monday, December 13, 2010

Friendship

Hello everyone! Welcome to a new week! I'm still out on medical leave so I'm enjoying relaxing and really enjoying these last weeks before Christmas. I don't go back until the 1st week in January. Thank you so much for your well wishes and comments - I am healing nicely.

Today I have a card that I made for the Featured Stamper challenge on Split Coast.
I chose this card of Lisa's to CASE. When you CASE a card you need to change at least two things - I used different stamps, different colors and added a ribon at the top.
I love the shadowy look of overstamping. You can get this look using two methods -
1) stamp once then immediately stamp again slightly off where you originally stamped and you get a lighter image from the ink that is left on the stamp,
2) stamp once with dark colors then reink the image with lighter colors and stamp slightly off the original stamping - which is the method Lisa and I used on our cards.
I added tiny gems to the centers of the flowers and tied a piece of wrinkled seam tape around the top of my card.
My stamps are from a set called Floral Silhouette by Rubbernecker.
Kent and I watched the Patriots vs Bears game last night on TV and it was snowing in Chicago and all over the field! We haven't had ANY snow here in Massachusetts yet - I'm starting to wish for it!! Of course I don't want to shovel it - I just want to look at how pretty it is on the lawn!
Today is the 8th day of Waltzingmouse Christmas and Jennifer is posting a very fun craft to inspire you - and Tuesday Sandie will have something for us!
Stamps: Rubbernecker - Floral Silhouette Set #467
Paper: Off white Bazzill
Ink: Memento - Black, bamboo leaves, new sprout, rhubarb stalk, angel pink
Accessories: tiny gems - Amuse, wrinkled seam binding - http://www.PrairieBirdBoutique.etsy.com

20 comments:

Clare said...

Such a pretty card, love the over stamping!

Stef H said...

absolutely gorgeous! simple, elegant, beautiful colors!!!

hugs :)

~amy~ said...

Pretty card Julia..thanks soo much for the wonderful Xmas card...it's gorgeous...mine are going out this week...sooo late this year..ugh.

Deborah Frings said...

This is a really pretty card - do love the flower stamp!!

Make sure you relax and enjoy the rest of your time off as you get better. Regards, Deborah x

Anonymous said...

This is just simply gorgeous hun!! LOVE IT!

Joanne (jojot) said...

stunning in its simplicity

Dee in N.H. said...

Very pretty! Glad you are feeling up to enjoying a bit of the time off!

Wishcraft said...

Oh this is lovely - beautifully stamped. Thank you for your comment on my 'first & latest' cards - hope to see you sharing yours :o) Lisa x

Sharli Schaitberger said...

What a pretty card! I love the look of the "double" stamping - it's very nice!

Hugs!

Cindy Haffner said...

GORGEOUS!!!

Tosha Leyendekker said...

This is beautiful Julia! Love how you used the shadow stamping with this image!

Riet said...

What a beautiful card Julia.

Hugs Riet.x

Vicki Dutcher said...

Wonderful OLC!!!

Monique said...

Hi Julie... What a beautiufl card with a perfect sentiment... Enjoy the rest of your time off and I hope you and your family have a Very Merry Christmas and a Happy New year :)

Crystal said...

Gorgeous card Julia!

Joan Ervin said...

This is beautiful, Julia...love the shadow effect and what pretty colors and stamps!!! I'm sooo glad you are doing better!!!

Kathy Jones said...

Simply Beautiful!!!!! Love the florals and yummy ribbon and that sentiment is beautiful!! :)

Lynn Mercurio said...

Beautiful Julia. Love your shadow stamping...it adds so much dimension. Awesome creation.

Peggy said...

Beautiful card Julia! Love the textured background on this one! Glad you are resting and recovering nicely. Hopefully I will get back to the SCS weekend challenges after the first of the year.

Mary Marsh said...

very pretty card julia-hope you are recovering and getting to relax with the time off