Saturday, December 18, 2010

Saturday Waltzingmouse Sketch - Merci!

Welcome dear stampers to another Saturday as well as another Waltzingmouse Sketch challenge! Today we have a fun envelope-look design - what will you create from this??
I went with the literal envelope look on my card. I used my new Classic Diamonds Nestabilities to cut the 'flap' part of my design (I cut the diamond then cut it in half from corner to corner - it measures 5" across)

I used one of the background stamps from Pic-Nic Patterns for the flap and the base stamping, circle and sentiment are all from Victorian Frippery (I just love both of these sets!)
I figured I'd be needing some thank you notes in a week or so!

Check out the WMS Sketch Blog and get inspired by the cards the Mischief Makers and other DT members have created using this week's sketch.

Then make your own card using the sketch and link it on the Sketch Blog by Thursday 1/6/11 at 11:59 pm EST - you could be chosen Top Mouse !! Winners are announced each Saturday along with the new sketch challenge.

The Saturday Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge will be taking a two week break for Christmas and New Years so the next WMS sketch will be posted on Saturday January 8th!

For those who celebrate - I wish you and yours a most blessed Christmas!

If you missed the Waltzingmouse 12 Days of Christmas - check it out
here.
This card is also for the SCS inspiration challenge today - I guess I'm out of the loop - but apparently Canadian hockey commentator (coach?) Don Cherry wears very colorful jackets on TV and there is even a blog that shows them all! So these jackets were our inspiration challenge today! I was inspired by this purple velvet Victorian smoking jacket

I'll be posting a few things next week - so I hope you have a chance to drop by!
Stamps: Waltzingmouse - Pic-Nic Patterns, Victorian Frippery
Paper: White, Soft Stone, Plum Pudding - PTI
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Ranger Distress -Milled Lavender, Dusty Concord, Old Paper
Accessories: Labels Four, Circles & Classic Diamonds - Nestabilities, foam tape, Sticky gems - Michaels, Plum Pudding Twill - PTI.

10 comments:

Joan B said...

beautiful!

Sharli Schaitberger said...

OOoooo, this is stunning! I love the template this week, and your card is amazing! Beautiful!

Donna Baker said...

what a beautiful card & great interpretation of the sketch!

Alice said...

this is so pretty and classy, Julia! love it!

Deborah Frings said...

Brilliant!! Love how you've made that backing paper with the stamps. And so nice to make a thank you card - so pretty.

Bev J. said...

What a neat and different sketch-your card is beautiful!

Clare said...

So pretty - that purple looks so neat on the card!

Libby O said...

the Merci card is tres cute!

Wanda Cullen said...

Very classy, elegant card...love it!

Clare said...

I love the subtle colors you used and the v.frippery background! beautiful!