Thursday, December 16, 2010

A gift for the Pastor

Our new minister has been at our church for just 6 months so this is his first Christmas with us. I wanted to give him something other than baked goods or wine (!) and I thought some note cards might be nice.

I saw a card in blogland using the stamps on this first card but I didn't note where I found it - so if it's your card please let me know and I'll link to you!

I used rustic cream cardstock from PTI to make it masculine and also drew a border around the card with an 01 Micron Pen. The floral is from Life and the quote is from Out on a Limb Sentiments - both by PTI.

For my next 2 designs I used crosses from the Spellbinders Cross Collection - sponging them before taking them out of the die. I used Soft Stone card stock from PTI for the crosses for a little contrast in color. I used Ranger Distress Antique Linen ink for the sponging.
The Bible Verses are both from Everyday Blessings by PTI.

For my 4th card for this note set I used a cross from Everyday Blessings by PTI and a Bible verse from Beautiful Scriptures by Clear Dollar Stamps.

I bundled the 8 cards and envelopes (2 of each design) into a clear box that I tied with a simple narrow silk ribbon from PTI. I made a tag using a scalloped tag Spellbinders die, added a couple of punched ferns and the sentiment from Wordsworth

Here's a close up of the tag - I silver embossed my Victorian Damask stamp by Rubbernecker onto silver cardstock.

I hope he likes them!
Remember to check out the final days of the Waltzingmouse 12 Days of Christmas - today Mona has something to inspire us and Friday Joan will be posting something fun!

And I hope you'll check back on Saturday for the Waltzingmouse Sketch!

ETA: check out PSA Stamp Camp Blog - Libby is offering a free stamp set to one lucky commenter!

14 comments:

Crystal said...

Absolutely GORGEOUS!!!!!

Anonymous said...

WOW! Julia, this is a wonderful idea! Such elegant and simple designs!! TFS! HUGS

Susan said...

Wonderfully thoughtful and sure to get used, Julia! I love the elegant colors and comforting sentiments and scripture.

I am always inspired by your ideas for all things other than cards!

still take tender care, right?????

Sharli Schaitberger said...

Julia,
He will love them - these are so beautiful and serene. Really nice job! How thoughtful of you to let one of your own talents shine!

Hugs!!

Lisa Lara said...

What a beautiful gift Julia. How very thoughtful.

Curt in Indy said...

Julia, this was such a wonderful, thoughtful gift! You did a beautiful job on these. They are so tasteful and perfect for a pastor. What a wonderful gift! Hope you are well! Best, Curt

Dee in N.H. said...

Oh my! These will be loved for sure! Very pretty!

Francie G. said...

Fabulous gift idea, Julia! Beautifully done!

Karen Barber said...

Lovely gift for your pastor Julia!! He will LOVE it!!

Velta said...

Hi Julia ~ All of your cards are amazing and again, inspirational...elegant to the max!!! Thank you for sharing...I think you know how you have inspired me this past year and I soo appreciate it :)

Joan Ervin said...

What a beautiful set of cards, Julia...perfect for your new minister!!!! I love all the images and how you drew the line around the edges....sooo classy!!!!

Joanne Leddy said...

What a fantastic idea Julia! he will be thrilled to receive this. What could be more thoughtful than a handmade gift that one can share with others? I'm sure you will make his day ... and he will spread the joy to others. Beautiful.

Wanda Cullen said...

What a super gift idea! Pastors are always in need of note cards!

Mara Campbell said...

what beautiful cards!!!