Monday, December 20, 2010

Packaging up the Pumpkin Scones

I usually give food gifts to my bosses and co-workers and this year one of the things I made was pumpkin scones. I needed a way to wrap them and came up with this idea.

I used large kraft coffee bags from PTI and decorated them using the Santa from Around Christmastime and a sentiment from Twas the Night before Christmas - both from Waltzingmouse Stamps.
The gold bell, ferns and snowflakes are Martha Stewart punches.
These pumpkin scones are absolutely delicious - I found the recipe on Mara's blog here - they come out soft inside - (not hard and crunchy like some scones that you have to dip in tea just to be able to chew them! LOL!) My co-workers loved them as well!

So if you need an idea for food packaging - maybe my post is in time for you to whip one up for Christmas giving!!?? or you could at least make the yummy scones!
Stamps: Waltzingmouse - Around Christmastime, Twas the Night before Christmas
Paper: Pure poppy, white - PTI, Gold - unknown, Handsome Hunter - SU
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Accessories - Martha Stewart punches - snowflake, bell, fern, Nestabilities - large scalloped circles, circles, Copics: R29, R20, E00, red brad - Basic Grey, brown bag - PTI, foam tape.

12 comments:

~amy~ said...

Yum!!!!

Deborah Frings said...

Julia - they look positively yummy!!! I really like the packaging - so nice to see them. I've checked out the recipe - will have a go next year.

Esther Asbury said...

Such pretty packaging...and they look so yummy! Thanks for sharing the link to the recipe! Merry Christmas!

Joanne Leddy said...

These look wonderful! And such a great package too ... love the festive look! Thanks for the recipe link!

anya said...

These look fantastic, Julia! Yum!

Sharli Schaitberger said...

Beautiful gift packaging, Julia! I have been searching for a great pumpkin scone recipe - I'll give this one a try! Sounds promising!

Hugs!

Mara Campbell said...

Your bags are beautiful!! I just love those kraft bags with the little window, and I love how you decorated them. I am so glad you liked the recipe, it's a favorite in our house.

Happy Holidays Julia!!

Wanda Cullen said...

Sounds like a yummy treat! Love the decorated gift bags!

Betty Wright said...

Fabulous and delicious, Julia! Awesome treat and fabulous packaging!

jdmommy - Anne Harmon said...

I really love your projects, and can almost smell the pumpkin!!

Joan Ervin said...

What a great way to wrap up those yummy pumpkin scones, Julia!!! I especially love the Santa image...I'm just kicking myself for not buying that stamp set!!!

Alice said...

beautiful packaging! YUM!