Tuesday, December 1, 2009

A Winter Earth Angel

I made my card today for the Split Coast color challenge (vanilla, black, soft suede) as well as the Doubledog Dare Challenge where Anne (jdmommy) challenged us to make a winter birthday card. I hope the dark colors qualifies this as winter!?!

This silk ribbon from Sharon's Stamp Simply Ribbon Shop is as soft as butter and just drapes so beautifully!

I paper pieced the sweet Earth Angel's dress. I masked her to stamp the lovely lacey looking wings behind her. I used my copics for coloring.

The stamps are from the Earth Angel set by Waltzingmouse Stamps.

Stamps: Waltzingmouse Stamps - Earth Angel
Paper: Black - SU, Vintage Cream , DP Turning a New Leaf, Bitty Dot Basics - PTI
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Accessories: vintage buttons - PTI, Ribbon - Sharon's Not Time to Stamp Ribbon Shop, Modern Label Punch - SU, Copics - E33, BG10, E51, foam dimensionals, oval nestabilities, glue dots, eclipse tape

16 comments:

Crystal said...

Julia this is wonderful, I LOVE this brown and that image!!! GORGEOUS WORK!!!

Anonymous said...

Sooo very pretty!! I really love this color!!! HUGS

Pat (mspfd) said...

Julia this is a delightful card. It just makes you smile!

Mary Marsh said...

this is such a pretty card, Julia-I like the paper piecing on your sweet image-the buttons and ribbon just compliment this card so well

anya said...

Julia, this is just so pretty! I love the color combination that you chose - very wintry, I would say! And that ribbon is heavenly!

LeAnne said...

So sweet....she is just perfect!

Denise Marzec said...

Love the sweet angel and your oh-so-GORGEOUS-bow!!

dpkennedy said...

Sweet, sweet angel! Love the browns and that ribbon is delish! Beautiful card!

AHadley said...

Such a wonderful stamp, I love how you paper pieced it. Beautiful ribbon as well and a perfect bow!

Busym1 said...

How pretty, love the colors! Hugs, michelle

Joan Ervin said...

Oooooh, what a beautiful card, Julia!!!! The sweet little angel is sooo pretty and I love the background paper, buttons, and that awesome ribbon!!!!!

Lisa Foster said...

Love this Julia!!! What awesome shades of brown and that bow is so silky and soft looking! GREAT card!
Hugs,
Lisa

Unknown said...

I loved this card Julia, I love how you masked the girl and moved the wings down behind her - I never once thought of doing that! but it balances beautifully! The colours are dreamy and I sooo need that ribbon now! Thank you!!!

Joanne (jojot) said...

this little earth angel makes me smile

Renee said...

What a super fun card! I love the brown and the image...gorgeous!

Lisa Hjulberg said...

Gosh, I love this! Earth Angel is one of my favorite sets! Paper piecing the angel is the perfect idea.