Thursday, December 10, 2009

Celebrating Chanukah!

I wish everyone who celebrates the Festival of Lights starting Friday evening a very Happy Chanukah! I'd like to share with you gifts I made for the three doctors that I work with.

First I made this cute little house from Lauren's template I embossed all the stampings with Silver EP.

I kept it clean and simple using two Papertrey stamp sets, Home Made and Mazel Tov.

Inside the house I tucked 8 Star of David sugar cookies frosted and sprinkled with blue sugar crystals bundled up in a flatbottom bag and tied with a blue ribbon.

Next I made some spiced nuts (ETA: recipe by Denise (Peanutbee) I make them EVERY year since I found her recipe and they are just de-lish!!!) and poured them into sterilized Starbucks bottles that I decorated with a Spellbinders snowflake layered onto a large felt snowflake, and hung around the bottle with a ribbon. I added a few silver gemstones for shimmer! I wrapped a piece of cardstock around the jar that I had scored at half inch intervals over the whole piece so that it wrapped nicely. I embossed a symbol on a blue circle that I attached to the top of the cover.

To complete the project I made a little card using this cute little guy - Fred Frolic - from Poppy Stamps that I colored with Copics. The sentiment is from the Mazel Tov set.

Then I placed it all inside a little basket that I picked up last year at The Christmas Tree Shop and placed one on each doctor's desks.

They were gratifyingly pleased with their home made Chanukah gifts!
You can see the gifts I made them last year on this post.
Thanks so much for coming by today!

Stamps: Home Made, Mazel Tov - Papertrey Ink, Fred Frolic - Poppy Stamps
Paper: Pacific Point, Going Grey - SU, white - PTI, silver paper (unknown)
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Versamark Embossing pad
Accessories: Silver EP - PTI, silver and blue ribbons - PTI, hot gun, silver rhinestone stickers, Starbucks bottles, basket - Christmas Tree Shops, felt snowflake - Michaels, flat bottom bag - clearbags.com, Copics, Spellbinders snowflake, Cuttlebug, foam dimensionals.

14 comments:

Unknown said...

So cute, what a great gift!

Joanne (jojot) said...

I don't really know what to say...this is such a fabulous gift set....I KNOW it will be appreciated.....unique and FABULOUS

Unknown said...

OOOhh these are scrumptious Julia!!!!

Pat (mspfd) said...

This is terrific!

AHadley said...

This is just gorgeous...that blue with the silver is SO perfect!

Anonymous said...

WOWZER!! Julia, these are such stunning projects!! These would sure make for a fantastic gift set!! Nicely put together! HUGS

Joanne Travis said...

What a fabulous set, Julia!! I got this template yesterday and so hope I get a chance to play today. LOVE that little image, it is so full of joy. I loved my card with that adorable design and have it proudly displayed in my living room.
Thanks Julia, you are so sweet!

Denise Marzec said...

Ohhhh my WORD, what an AWESOME project! I'm LOVIN' the house!! Wowww!!!

Val said...

What a lovely project. Looks like you captured the spirit of the season beautifully.

Harriet Skelly said...

Julia your projects are so creative and perfect for the holiday!! So beautifully done! Hugs, Harriet

Velta said...

Julia ~ You have outdone yourself with these crafty creations!!! That house could be made in sooo many ways...Happy Holidays to you and yours!

Joan B said...

these blew me away! stunning.

Joan Ervin said...

This is absolutely the most AWESOME project evah!!!! I am sooo in awe of your talent, Miss Julia, and I know your doctors were thrilled with their gifts!!!

Lisa Hjulberg said...

This is marvelous! What a wonderful idea! I still haven't had time to play with my template and stamps... you've inspired me!