Monday, December 14, 2009

Happy Holly Day Beanie

Today's Try a New Technique challenge over on Split Coast was to make this cute little Beanie Gift card holder. How fun is this!?!

You can find Carolina's tutorial here (Note: I adhered my circle of designer paper to a circle of card stock to make it more sturdy - the directions have you just cut a circle out of DP.)The top of the hat lifts up (there's an eyelet involved!) and reveals a gift card (all I had available was a Kohl's discount card for the pic!) tucked inside!!

My stamps are from two sets by Waltzingmouse Stamps. The large holly and sentiment are from Sewing Box Christmas and the small holly on the top of the beanie is from Very Vintage Christmas.

These are really easy to put together - I'll be making a few more of these for sure. You should try one too - I know you are giving a gift card to someone right? !

Thanks so much for coming by today!

Stamps: Waltzingmouse Stamps - Sewing Box Christmas, Very Vintage Christmas
Paper: Vintage Cream, Ocean Tide - PTI, DP Cosmo Cricket/Jolly by Golly
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Chai - PTI
Accessories: Saddlestitched ribbon: PTI, adhesive gems - K& Co, eyelet, crop a dile, tag trio spellbinders, swiss dots cuttlebug folder, copics: YG03, R08, Curvy Cutter, Scalloped punch - EK success

17 comments:

Sharli Schaitberger said...

CUTE! Julia, this is just adorable!!! I laughed out loud about the discount card, too!

Jodi Collins said...

This is just PERFECT Julia! LOVE the colors and all the texture! FABULOUSITY!!!

~amy~ said...

Super adorable Julia!!

farmhouse-story said...

i first saw this on splitcoast, it's wonderful, julia!

Velta said...

How cute is this??? Thank you for sharing this...I am giving out many gift cards...and this is so different from all the rest of the gift cards...Thanks Julia!!!

Dawn Easton said...

Oh my gosh, Julia! This is fabulous! Just gorgeous girl! Love all your details!

Anonymous said...

Oh wow!! What a really fun project!! :) I've got to try one of these!! Yours looks so beautiful with all of your accents!! HUGS

Bonnie said...

This is just adorable Julia! Love the gorgeous colours!

Pat (mspfd) said...

Gosh Julia, this is so creative! Fantastic creation.

Crystal said...

Julia this is AWESOME!!! FAB job with the technique girl!!!

anya said...

So so cute Julia! All your details are fabulous!

dpkennedy said...

This is just fantastic!!

Joan Ervin said...

This is the prettiest beanie evah!!!! Such wonderful colors and I love the adorable stamps you used!!!!

Lisa Hjulberg said...

I saw the beanie on another blog and thought it was just the cutest thing ever! What a great idea to use it to showcase Claire's amazing Christmas stamps. Bravo!

Dawn said...

I have you in my reader, so I don't comment often. I was wondering what that little thing is you put your cards on for pictures. Could you please tell me what it is?

Thank you

Tosha Leyendekker said...

So, so cute and clever Julia!! LOVE the colors, textures, and of course those darling Waltzingmouse images!!

Heidi said...

Julia that is an adorable gift card holder!! Oh my it really lets the WM images stand out. Great work!