Thursday, December 17, 2009

Cookin Up Some Love

I bet we've all been in the kitchen baking for the holidays in the past week or maybe we're going to be this week?!? So the Ways to Use It Challenge on Splitcoast was to make a card with a recipe on it!

I used this week's Taylored Expressions sketch for my card.

I attached my little cooking Tilda panel with thick foam tape just at the top and bottom so there was an open space in the middle that I could slip my recipe through. The heart and sentiment are also up on foam dimensionals to help hold the recipe in place.

I stamped a little Magnolia rolling pin in light ink over the recipe.

This is a great Biscotti recipe - my sister got it from her friend last year and she gave it to me. These biscotti are a little softer than the norm so you can actually eat them without dunking them in tea or milk!

Thanks for stopping by - let me know what you've been baking this week - any good recipes to share?!?

Stamps: Magnolia
Paper: white, pure poppy - PTI, DP Basic Grey Nook&Pantry
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Memories Soft Sage
Accessories: Martha Stewart Punch, foam tape, computer generated recipe, copics, vintage button - PTI, modern label punch - SU, heart punch

9 comments:

B said...

Oh what an adorable way to hold that recipe! I haven't been baking yet.... not until work finishes up... sooon..... but the biscotti sound good. Might have to try those!

Joan Ervin said...

Little Tilda is just tooo cute, Julia...your coloring is fabulous and what a yummy recipe!!!! I have wanted to get my hands on a good Biscotti recipe for a long time....now if you will just make me a few dozen and send them my way...heeheehee!!!! Ok, ok, gf, I'll settle for the recipe....LOL!!!

~amy~ said...

Julia, this is beyond adorable!!!!

Happy Friday!

anya said...

Julia, this is a great idea! I just love how you incorportated the recipe right into the card. Fabulous!

Anonymous said...

AWW!! Julia, she's so precious!! I adore your project!! Have a very Merry Christmas hun!! HUGS

dpkennedy said...

Mmmm, mmmm...I love biscotti! This is super sweet! I love how you slipped the recipe in behind the image!

Crystal said...

Julia this is soooo wonderful, she is such a cutie and what a wonderful job you did with the challenge...Just toooo perfect and cute!

Lisa Hjulberg said...

Perfect with Nook & Pantry paper!

No baking for me, at least not yet. I hope to get some done this week. I love the smells of baking!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card Julia! Your coloring is wonderful and I love how you put the heart behind the tag. I may have to give your recipe a try. It sounds yummy!
Wishing you and your family God's blessings, Merry Christmas Juila~