Friday, December 18, 2009

The Star of Bethlehem

The Limited Supplies Challenge on Split Coast was to incorporate silver or gold into your project. After re-reading the challenge - I think I was supposed to make an actual ornament - oops!!! Well - you could hang this on your tree right?!?!?

I needed a few more Christmas cards (can you believe that?!) so I embossed this beautiful Bethlehem stamp with silver EP, mounted the image to a silver panel, tied a silver ribbon around the base, and punched a silver star to layer on top with a foam dimensional.

I embossed a line on the edges of the image panel just to give it a little dimension.Inside I layered a white panel over the dark blue so you could read the sentiment (!) and stamped Luke chapter 2:12 and Christmas Blessings. The star is a Fiskars corner punch called Celestial and has a punch for a moon, a sun and this star all on the same punch. My card is 4 1/4 x 4 1/4

Thanks so much for stopping by today!
Stamps: Stampington & Co, Inside: Rosebud Rubber Stamps, Signature Blessings - PTI
Paper: Enchanted Evening, White - PTI, Silver CS - unknown
Ink: Versamark, Memento Tuxedo Black
Accessories: Silver EP - PTI, hot gun, star punch - McGIll, Silver Ribbon - PTI, Foam dimensionals, star corner punch - Fiskars Celestial, scorpal

14 comments:

Unknown said...

Simple but so breath taking! I love this!

Lisa Foster said...

Oh Julia! This is absolutely stunning!!! I LOVE it! Fantastic card!
Hugs,
Lisa

Crystal said...

SOOO beautiful Julia, love the embossing!

Velta said...

Oh YES Julia ~ You definitely could hang this one on your tree!!! I love the embossing on blue...it is beautiful!

SmilynStef said...

What a lovely holiday card ... love the contrast of silver with the blue.

jdmommy - Anne Harmon said...

Just gorgeous, gorgeous!! I love the silver on the blue, but the inside did me in!! I love the star and punched out corner!! You always have some little twist that knocks my sox off!! TFS!

Janelle said...

Stunningly beautiful in its simplicity. Love it!

Sharli Schaitberger said...

I would love to hang it on my tree - here's my address . . . .
LOL

I do love it - it is all elegance and peace.

Anne mcIntosh said...

Once again you have an out of the park hit! It is a beautiful card and I don't even care that you didn't use it for the challenge. You've inspired me~

Pat (mspfd) said...

Julia, this is a beauty of a card!

Lisa Hjulberg said...

Oh, Julia, this is beautiful! What a spectacular look with the silver against the dark blue, which shows the stars twinkling in the night. Amazing work, as always, dear girl!

I'm sorry I haven't been around much for blog hopping... these past couple of weeks have been doozies at work, but that's behind me now and time to enjoy the season and visit my friends!

Merry Christmas!
Lisa

Stephanie said...

this is absolutely gorgeous!! love the star punched corner in the inside of the card...or should I say ornament :)

dpkennedy said...

Very, very pretty!

Mary said...

Oh WOW! It is not very often that I see someone use a stamp that I made, LOL!! Love the card. I used to own Rosebud Rubber Stamps, so I made the stamp you used for the inside verse :) Love your blog!! It's on my favorites list.