Saturday, December 12, 2009

Little Wooden Pins

What great vintage images at the Sushi Pot web site Stef showed us for the inspiration challenge on Split Coast.

I actually made my little dog pin a few weeks ago for our church fair but I never loaded it up here or on SCS - and doesn't it look very similar to this cute little pup from the SushiPot web site seen below?
My dog image is a clip art from The Cute as a Button set from the Vintage Workshop. My DH cut out the wood shape for me - I glued the image to it, brushed it with a varnish and glued a pin to the back.
To display the pin better - I mounted it to a piece of Kraft card stock stamped with one of the label stamps from the Very Vintage Labels No 1 set by Waltzingmouse Stamps
Here are a few more images from the same set that I made into pins. These rectangle shaped images were obviously much easier to mount to wood than the shaped pup! I left the images as they were - going for the simple look - rather than painting the edges or framing them in foil.
They're kinda cute don't you think?
Thanks for coming by today! Hope everyone's having a good weekend!
Stamps: Waltzingmouse Stamps - Vintage Labels No 1
Paper: Kraft, white - PTI
Ink: Adirondack Lettuce
Accessories: varnish, wood, pin back, clip art images - The Vintage Workshop Cute as a Button

9 comments:

Busym1 said...

Oh, how cute! I love them! Hugs, michelle

Anonymous said...

WOW!! Julia, these are really creative!! What an awesome idea!! Have a great weekend!! HUGS

~amy~ said...

LOVE these Julia...sooooo sweet and I popped over to the Sushipot place...cute stuff!

Thank you soooooo much for my christmas card...adorable! I'm soooo behind...haven't even written in my cards yet...hopefully they will go postal next week. soooo much to do, not enough time!

jdmommy - Anne Harmon said...

Julia, these pins are just fabulous!! What a great idea...you always have something up your sleeve that surprises me!! TFS!!

Crystal said...

These are wonderful Julia...oh my word these are sooo creative and FANTASTIC!

Bonnie said...

These are so adorable Julia! They sure take me back in my memory books!!

Pat (mspfd) said...

These are adorable vintage pins. Bet they were a big hit! You and your DH did a great job.

Velta said...

Oh my Julia ~ I love vintage anything and these images are just darling!!! Thanks for sharing where to go shopping...LOL...like I haven't done enough :)

Joan Ervin said...

What precious little pins, Julia, and how fun that you and your DH could work on these projects together!!!!