Saturday, December 19, 2009

Not A Creature was Stirring........

OK - so can you tell what this is on my card????!!! Here's a clue - I made it for the Moxie Fab World challenge - to incorporate a critter into your card. So - this is my kittie Scout - sitting happily under/inside the Christmas tree!

And here's the story - we had just put up our tree - no ornaments on yet - and I walked out into the kitchen - and when I walked back into the livingroom- there she was - a headless kitty sitting under the tree (actually with her head in the branches of course!) - it just CRACKED ME UP!! I grabbed my camera and took the shot - I was so glad she stayed there long enough!

So I thought I'd make the picture into a card for the challenge.... The sentiment is computer generated - I thought it was kind of 'tongue in cheek' funny for the pic! I added a lacey punched edge, some gems as ornaments, a button with punched ferns behind it over a ribbon - and good to go!

And while I'm sharing pet stuff - thought I'd show you what I made for the dogs in the family that will be coming over for Christmas Day. I made some dog biscuits in the shape of a moose and some shaped like bones.

Not sure if you can see the moose in the package - his antlers are at the top left - and there are two bones behind him. (I forgot to take a pic before I sealed them all up!) I slipped them into cellophane bags and wrapped a piece of twill around it that I had stamped with 'woof' and a dog paw print. I got the dog biscuit recipe from Bullwrinkle.com

I think they will be happy crunching on these!

Stamps: Paw print - Art Impressions Clear Stamps, Woof - Pet tootie sentiments- Cornish Heritage Farms
Paper: Handsome Hunter, Black - SU, White - PTI
Ink: Dark Chocolate - PTI
Accessories: Edge punch - Martha Stewart, adhesive gems - K&Co, vintage button - PTI, fern punch - Martha Stewart, pure poppy satin ribbon - PTI, printed picture, computer generated sentiment, Swiss Dots Cuttlebug folder, putty twill - Martha Stewart

11 comments:

LeAnne said...

This is so funny....I actually thought you photo shopped it all together! LOVE it! My cat just lies underneath it! TFS!

~amy~ said...

Such a fun photo Julia!!! The dog treats are a wonderful giftie!

Busym1 said...

So cute! I love the funny things animals do! My silly dog was laying under the tree the other day. She just bunched up the sheet under there and took a nap. Of course you get the cameral and she comes running to see what mommy is doing, so no pic! Thanks for the cute pic, love it. Hugs, michelle

Dotty said...

Such a funny picture and perfect card, so cute. Merry Christmas

Velta said...

You are too funny!!! At first, I thought it was a joke...after reading your post I can see that this was real...Love it! And the doggie biscuits...such fun!

Sharli Schaitberger said...

Julia,
I've seen my cats do something similar - so I knew it must be real!!! LOVE your card - it's so cute and made me smile!

I also love your doggie biscuit idea. I shared the link with a friend who is currently snowed in. Maybe she will feel like baking!

Hugs.

Beverly said...

hahaha!! What a fun card Julia!

Joanne (jojot) said...

fab use of that great picture...and what wonderful puppy treats you created

Stephanie said...

how fun is this!!! I was searching high and low yesterday for my little furry one....she must've been inspired by your card :) Love it!!

dpkennedy said...

Oh I love it! Animals do the funniest things, and you captured it perfectly with your clever and awesome card design and sentiment! LOVE IT!

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Julia! Thanks for entering the All Creatures Great & Small Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! Happy holidays! :)