Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Colored in Sympathy

I used the color challenge over on Split Coast for the colors on my sympathy card today. Basic Gray, Barely Banana and Really Rust.

A friend at work needed a few sympathy cards and asked if I had any. I found that I had none in my stash (yikes!) So today's challenge was a good reason to make some.

The sentiment is a rub on by Deja Views that I put on a panel cut with a Labels One Nestability that I cut in half. I embossed both the flower and the leaf (Papertrey Ink) in clear embossing powder. I colored some of the flower with a Copic to give it a little depth. I layered the flower onto the card with foam dimensionals.

I appreciate your stopping by today!

Stamps: In Bloom - Papertrey Ink
Paper: Basic Grey, Barely Banana, Really Rust, DP - SU
Ink: Versamark Watermark Ink pad
Accessories: zutter corner rounder, rub ons Deja Views, Clear EP, Hot Gun, Rhinestones - Kaiser (PTI), Terracotta Tile Ribbon - PTI, Copic E19, foam dimensionals, Labels One Nestability (cut in half)

15 comments:

~amy~ said...

holey moley julia...this is absolutely gorgeous! I love it!

jdmommy - Anne Harmon said...

This sympathy card is drop dead gorgeous, and no pun intended!! I love the shine, the rounded corners, the half topnote, the layout!! As usual, I am flabbergasted by what you do!!! Hugs, GF!!

Janelle said...

Maybe it's not right to smile when you see a sympathy card, but this is just so lovely. Combined with heartfelt words on the inside I think this would definitely be a spirit-lifter. Surely "a hug with a fold in the middle".

Anonymous said...

WOW!! This is so stunning Julia!! I love the layout and the flowers are gorgeous!!! Hope you had a great Christmas and looking forward to the New Year!! BIG HUGS

Unknown said...

Beautifully rich Julia. Very fitting.

Sharli Schaitberger said...

It's elegant - I love the clear embossing (with copic details) - very classy!

Jodi Collins said...

This is truly exquisite Julia! I LOVE the layout and the beautiful stamps you used on this! Just stunning! Happy New Year my friend!

Kerry H. said...

This is a truly beautiful card! I love the way you coloured in the bloom - allowing the paper to 'speak' and adding extra touches for depth. Beautiful composition too!

dpkennedy said...

Oh, that's just lovely!

Joanne (jojot) said...

a beauty

Joan Ervin said...

This is absolutely gorgeous, Julia!!! I love the look of the clear embossing on the flower and leaft...sooo rich and elegant looking!!! Have a great New Years, sweet friend!!!

Busym1 said...

That is beautiful. I've not made any sympathy cards as of yet. This is so nice...hugs, michelle

Danisha said...

Love this card!!!!! So lovely!

Unknown said...

WOW! this is absolutely beautiful!!!

Amy Kolling said...

Wow this is gorgeous!! Very nice sympathy card....I struggle with these...TFS