Monday, December 22, 2008

Wishing you Well, 3 sets of Cards, and Happy Mail

This week I was the hostess for the Double Dare Challenge I do with some SCS friends. I sent everyone this Thomas Kinkade image to use on a card.I used some new Cosmo Cricket designer papers that are kind of funky - not the usual colors that I pick for cards. I'm not sure these dark colors would actually make anyone feel better!?! LOL! I used Copics and Prismacolor markers to color the image.

You can see the other Kinkade cards here.
Stamps: Cornish Heritage Farms: Thomas Kinkade Make A Wish Cottage Vingnette, Sentiment: Gina K Designes Make a wish set (received image as a wish rak)
Paper: white: PTI, Certainly Celery: SU, DP Cosmo Cricket Hellow Sunshine Paper pad
Ink: Onyx black versafine, so saffron, certainly Celery: SU
Accessories: sponge, copics, prismacolor markers, spellbinders double ended tags, ribbon: PTI ripe avocado double stitched, flowers unknown, brass brads, foam dimensionals

My next project is three binders that each hold 4 cards. A friend at work asked me to make some cards for him to give to his mother as a Christmas present - some THANK YOU, some SYMPATHY and some BIRTHDAY. She is elderly and can't always get out and so she likes to have cards on hand for when she needs them.

Of course - I couldn't just give him a pile of cards - so I made these pretty folders for them and even made a coordinating pen by slipping a piece of matching designer paper inside the pen barrel. (this works great with the Pentel RSVP pens found at Staples or CVS) I got the free template for these folders from Mirkwood Designs

This is how the inside looks. Each side holds 2 cards and 2 envelopes.

And finally I just have to share these wonderful Christmas cards I have received from some of my blogging/Split Coast Stamper friends.

This cute snowman one is from Joan Ervin.

This lovely layered flower one is from Helen (misshelenstamps)



I love this punched fern wreath from Anne (jdmommy)


How cute are these little Santa's on this card from Jami (SgtStamper)



This gorgeous silhouette bird with the lovely shimmery ribbon is from Carolyn (snowmanqueen)



Danielle (DPKennedy) sent this lovely card in browns with the regal deer head



Another card using browns and snowflakes was sent by Dawn (Stampinscotsgirl)



And I just love the colors of the DP and pretty stamps used on this one from LeAnne (LeAnne Pugliese)

And last, but not least! this pretty warm wishes coffee pot card so beautiful in it's simplicity! from Amy (Craftee)

Thanks so much for stopping by - Christmas is coming!!

9 comments:

Susan said...

what a thoughtful gift for your co-worker, Julia! I love the idea of making the folder also! lovely very lovely Christmas card...some of them I have already admired on SCS.

Have the Merriest of Christmases.

Ирина said...

wow. Very nice

Deanna said...

Those card folders are super cute! Got some measurements for these?

~amy~ said...

Your TK card is spectacular! I love your card folders...what a great idea! sooo fun seeing all the cards you've received :)

Anne Harada said...

Oh I love it when you do projects like this!! Those binders are a great idea and wonderful gifts! Yeah, I want to be you when I grow up!

Wow, the Christmas cards you're getting are gorgeous!! Everyone is sending you their best work, you're a lot to live up to!!! LOL!

Have a wonderful and blessed Christmas dear friend! Stay warm!

Joan Ervin said...

OMG, Julia...you did a fabulous job with the TK image...what a gorgeous design!!! I love the cards you made for your co-workers, too...you have sure been busy this holiday season!!! What gorgeous cards you have received...lots of people think you are pretty special, too!!! Have a wonderful holiday week and stay warm!!!

LeAnne said...

What a beautiful set of cards! And some nice cards you've received, too!
LeAnne

Pat (mspfd) said...

Awesome project and beautiful set of cards. Love the collection of wonderful cards you received.

A very Merry Christmas to you and yours!

Jami said...

Love that Kincaide image - and your coloring on it is beautiful!! And the binders are a fantastic idea.
Hugs, Jami