Monday, December 1, 2008

Awards galore and a Speckled Ugg

I have so many wonderful inspiring blogging friends and have been honored with the following awards from several of them!!

This one from Terri and Kay

1. I am to tell everyone 7 random/weird facts about myself
2. "tag" 7 more people.
3. Put a link to the giver on my blog.
4. Leave a message on the blogs of people that I tag
And this one from Joan and Amber


Here are the *official* rules for this one:
1. The winner may put the logo on their blog.
2. Put a link to the person who sent you the award.
3. Nominate 5 blogs.
4. Put links to their blogs
5. Leave a message for your nominees.


I am so appreciative of these awards but have been honored with so many of them! So I'm just going to tag 7 people and please take the award you would like from above!!

These are all blogging friends that I have found inspiration from - please take a minute to visit with them!



So here are 7 random facts about me:

1. I used to bite my fingernails down to the quick and just stopped about 10 years ago.
2. I wear a mouth guard at night because I apparently 'clench' my jaws so my teeth have deep wells in them - I don't grind - just clench!
3. I make lists - I would never remember anything if it wasn't for my 'lists'!
4. As a child I always wanted glasses because my sister and parents all wore them and I would tell my mother I couldn't see well just to try and get them!
5. I love to read.
6. I love to stamp more than read lately (well - probably all of you already know this fact and are in with me!!!)
7. I actually reduced my stamping time for a couple of weeks so that I could read the 4 Twilight novels!

And now onto some stamping!

What a fun new technique challenge today on Split Coast - speckled background made by spritzing Simple Green on glossy card stock that has been sponged with ink! DH had diluted our Simple Green with water and it didn't seem to work so I used an Orange cleaner we had.

Anne (itsapassion) had challenged us to use an Ugg boot as inspiration for the Double Dare Challenge I do each week with some SCS friends so I combined the two challenges. Here is the Ugg boot I used for inspiration . We had to use a brown background and the colors on the boot.
And here is my card with the speckled brown background and the colors from the boot!

I thought the speckled background came out sort of looking like the brushed leather on the boot. And I love the flowers in the Stampin Up Eastern Blooms set that I used here.

You can see the other Ugg inspired cards here.

Thank you so much for stopping by tonight - I just made 50,000 hits today thanks to you!! (Woo Hoo!!!) so there will be blog candy coming up soon as soon as I get my act together!


Stamps: Eastern Blooms: SU, Sentiiment from Heart Felt Thanks: PTI
Paper: wild wasabi, choc chip, close to cocoa, glossy white: SU, white: PTI
Ink: creamy caramel SU, dark chocolate: PTI, eggplant, cloudy blue, sunset orange: Adirondacks Accessories: sponge, foam dimensionals, spellbinders tag trio, sizzix die leaf and stem, cuttlebug, orange cleaner degreaser, yellow stickles,

16 comments:

Michele Kovack said...

Love your UGG card!!! Thank you sooo much for thinking of me!!!! You are a sweetheart!

Beth Thomas said...

First, thank you for the sweet blog awards and for sharing some interesting "Julia"isms! This card is absolutely beautiful! I have that awesome set but I'm ashamed to say it has yet to see ink! Congrats on your mile marker for your blog! It is well-deserved for such a creative, well maintained log of your artistic talents!

Theresa Momber said...

Wow, your card is stunning! I love the flowers and gorgeous background!!!

Joanne Travis said...

Hi Julia,
Just checking out your blog for the first time. I love it!!
Love your boot inspiration card, you did an awesome job as always!
Joanne

LeAnne said...

You nailed that challenge perfectly--what cute boots (I covet them) and a cute card to match! Congrats on your awards!
LeAnne

Pat (mspfd) said...

Congratulations on all the hits! And awesome job of the technique challenge. Love your card.

~amy~ said...

perfect job on the challenge...those boots are a-dorable :)

JulieA said...

I absolutely love the way you combined these challenges! those flwoers stun me - they're so vibrant! And the speckled background is perfect.

And thanks for commenting on my blog - now I found yours too!

Renee said...

How cute! Love your card and the Uggs!

dpkennedy said...

I love the way your background came out! The card is really pretty...much prettier than the boots ( you know, they call them UGG for a reason...ugly!) Sorry to all you UGG lovers! LOL!

And congrats on your 50,000+ hits! Wowzers!

Jami said...

What a perfectly inspired card!! Love the background, it kinda reminds me of granite. congrats on the 50k hits!!
hugs, Jami

Shirley said...

How lovely! What a great color combo and design too!

Sunshine said...

Julia, Congrats on 50,000!! Your card, inspired by UGG boots is very cute! Sunshine (aka, whitepuppy mammaw)

Anne Harada said...

Julia you so rock!! I love the card you came up with for the Ugg boot challenge. Holy moly girl, your creativity is in high gear!! Very cool background effect!

Congrats on the 50K hits GF!! You've only just begun!!

Jenn Muraoka said...

Thanks for the award! I enjoyed reading those facts about you! I had to laugh about the teeth guard! I would have never known, Julia! heehee. Anyhoo, thanks again...BTW, the card is beautiful!!! I have that set too, but haven't had a chance to play yet. Hugs, jenn

Kay said...

I love to read too - and stamp - we must be related! Hey-thanks for playing the tag game with me. I appreciate getting to know you better. I'm sorry for delay, it's been crazy since Keaton's accident. Have only been home a week - wish I could trade in my day job. Sigh. Hugs to you!